1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My weekend project is almost done!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Sep 1, 2008.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I spent the last 3 days making this overhead console for my truck. I had the regular one in there but I wanted to fit in my monitor for the computer and its also the screen for my backup camera. Its not 100% done yet, nothing is hooked up yet but its made and hung in the rafters so im almost there. The spots where there are switches, those are temorary. I have 7 Contura lighted switches that are going in there. Im just waiting on the mailman to deliver those. The factory overhead digital display is up above the monitor there, I need to extend the wires a foot to plug that in. Next weekend ill finish everything up!

I wanted the wood/conversion van look and im very happy with it!!

Sorry for the crappy pics, they were taken with my phone, the digi cam is charging.

Console 1.jpg

Console 2.jpg

Console 3.jpg

Console 4.jpg

2. stroker79

and here is 2 more

Console 5.jpg

Console 6.jpg

3. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

When you want to do one for me? For free! Including the screen and such!

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice work Doug.:drinkup:

5. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thats a fine piece of work. what did you make that out of? are you a carpenter?

6. stroker79

MMMMMMM, No.

Thanks JD!

Thanks!

I made it out of cheap white wood from Home Depot. I honestly didnt think it was going to work as well as it did otherwise I would have used oak or Poplar. I was just being cheap since I really didnt think it was going to turn out like it did. I am not actually a carpenter, I mow grass but I mostly enjoy modifying vehicles with stuff like that. I never used wood or made something like this before.

7. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks really nice doug. Great job :salute:

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are you adding matching end tables as well?:D

9. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

very nice setup, i like it a lot

10. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

looks good doug hell if your ever in nw indiana i'll even offer to drive it for ya to buy us a beer:drinkup::drinkup:

11. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice work dude. should do a nice wood steering wheel next :D

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good doug.......America's choice furniture polish works the best on that!:nod:

13. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Wow, that looks professionally done. Props

14. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks good!!

15. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

That is nice. We didn't know you were so good handling wood.:D

RCGM
    Brad

16. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice, you must have been in some damn nice conversion vans lol. Do you use the backup camera more for hitching up to the trailer or plowing... or both lol?

17. stroker79

Thanks guys, you all crack me up!

JD, if ya want, I can make ya a matching set of end tables! Or maybe Ill make a new center console for the floor, lol.

Oh thanks for the tip Tim, I didnt know you have experiance in the polishing business..................

Oak- I use the backup camera pretty rarely but when I do use it, I normally leave it on constantly while I plow. Its kinda nice to look out of since I have black factory tinted windows. The only part that is a pain is cleaning it all the time, I normally have to clean it at every stop since the road spray smears it all up.

18. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Looks good doug!

19. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

LOOKS GOOD NORM WHATS NEXT FOR THE YANKEE WORKSHOP HAHA J/K DOUG LOOKS GREAT:drinkup:

20. stroker79

Thanks Nick! LMAO