1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My visit to the New York Agricultural Show this week

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by leon, Feb 26, 2010.

1. leon

leon Senior Member

Good afternoon fellow board members,

Well we survived the monster storm- hack, cough, cough-sorry about that-fur ball, that was here in my corner of the Frozen Eastern Wilderness @ 1140 feet above mean sea level.

Traveled via Route 81 and had no problems, slow going right lane driving, simply for sanities sake with the cruise control and just relaxed listening to WHAM 1180, and waived at the folks who passed me and were sucked into the median-no I did not- I had my four ways on with lights due to heavy snow fall and poor visibilty.

On the way back it was slow going but amusing as i was following the plows-
    cruise control on and reggae playing on the CD player

The impatient ones were passing everyone UNTILL they found out the plow was winging both lanes and they had no options but to slow down and wait UH HUH and they simply had to wait and wait and wait and have the snow spray obscure thier vision become even more impatient, cranky etc.

The nearly new single axle plow fleet has left and right wings and a center plow which do not have roll over curves/breakers along the top edges or snow spray baffles above the top edges) until the plow left for the exit and the return north bound plow runs.

Visited the farm show on friday rather than saturday and found several items of interest for commercial and non commercial users of snow removal goodies.

The first two for your interest:

The Pronovost folks have a new front hitch for PTO attachments/snow blowers etc., for the much smaller tractors that fills the gap for the smaller tractor user that can make use of a front three point hitch with or with out a PTO system and I will scan the flyer for an (information only) posting for you all.

A "new to me" front PTO/3 point hitch builder for high horse power tractors from Canada was showing their product line.

The ag show will be open today from 8:30-4:30 and saturday from 8:30-4:30 on saturady which is the final day of the show.

I will add more later.

leon :waving:tymusicussmileyflag;)