1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My vehicle rates......

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by southsideone, Nov 2, 2006.

1. southsideone

southsideone Member

Personal vehicle quote from Progressive was 1620/yr (online quote)
    Commercial Progressive was 1470/yr (call in quote)
    hmmmm......now lemme think.......

the only downside is they dont offer general liability.

2. southsideone

southsideone Member

......whats a ballpark figure for general liability for a year, w/1mil coverage? (im the only operator)

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

1000 to 1200 a year.

4. john boardman

john boardman Member

I also had Progressive Personal on my 2005 GMC CREW was paying 199.00 month and had my wife excluded as a driver. I called and talked to Progressive Commercial and it dropped to 163.00 month. So I added the wife as a driver and upped the personal/property liabilities to 100,000/300,000/100,000 and now pay 191.00 per month cheaper for commercial who would have imagined :dizzy:

5. john boardman

john boardman Member

I pay for a general contractors policy w/inland marine rider about $ 800.00 yr $ 600,000.00 coverage owner/operator. So up that to 1mil and a 1000.00 yr is probably right on but most likely is based upon where you live.

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

did i mention i hate NJ ? :realmad:

7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

150.00 a year for 1mil here in nebraska, American Family Insurance.

8. Bry@n

Bry@n Senior Member

My personal Ins is only $750 a year on the 06 Dodge 3/4 ton. That's for 250k/ 500k coverage. I spend another $200 for my umbrella policy.

I think the commercial truck coverage was like $2000 a year.

9. PatrickCampbell

PatrickCampbell Junior Member

$200 a month here for Progressive @ 300k CSL with 16k truck value and 4k plow value. This was a firm quote - I am just personal at the moment. Which is $210/month for my wife (Jetta TDI) and my truck (above), but with no comp/collision on the truck.

10. BobC

BobC Senior Member

I had Progressive for a comm. policy and when I got rid of them my rate went down$$800. Don't be fooled by TV ads shop shop and shop

11. john boardman

john boardman Member

Disregard all that I just canceled that as well as my commercial auto that I paid 2200 a year for and went with 1 company

1 mil general liability (construction business w/snowplow coverage) 3 mil umbrella
    1 mil auto full coverage commercial 250/500 deduct w/1mil uninsured/under-insured 3 mil umbrella

all for 2132.00 per year 4 payments of 533.00

I'm actually now 10 bucks a month cheaper than just my auto rate but now have general, commercial auto, plow coverage and higher liabilities with lower deductibles

Company name Selective Insurance out of PA.

12. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

I have Selective also.
    They do an audit at the end of the year and bill me the difference.
    Depends on payroll/ employees and snow revenue.
    I have all of my ins thru them except for Workers Comp

13. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

The best quote i got for $1mil. gen liability insurance was 875.00 with me as the sole operator and it was thru american family

old man winter where is the snow in chicago