1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My V10 is acting wierd??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Hello guys, My V10 is acting weird. It is loosing power while i am driving. By that i mean. If i am just cruising and holding the gas pedal steady all of a sudden it will just start loosing power slowly and the tack will start dropping down. now if i just hold the gas pedal steady after a few seconds or so it will just surge back to full power again. It will usually come back to full power too if i mash the gas pedal to the floor.

Some times it will only do this once, and other times it will do this a dozen times.
    This happens during any kind of driving too. It will do it accelerating or cruising and started to do it last night while i was plowing snow, which was happening at very low rpms cause i was only pushing an 1 1/2 " of snow in two wheel drive..

When its not doing this it runs great.

Im thinking its an ignition problem, but im not to sure. Im checking with a couple of my friends today for a fuel gauge with a longer hose than mine to check the pressure while im driving. Any ideas you guys can give me would be great..Thanks in advance..

truck info
    95 ram 2500 v10
    184,000 miles
    fuel pump ass. less that 2 years old
    plugs/wires/ Taylor, maybe 30,000 miles
    Catalytic converters i did in feb 2005. high flow cats.
    anything else you need to know, just ask
  2. mopar/hiniker

mopar/hiniker Junior Member
    from iowa

mayb your sensors?
  3. 1lowGMC

1lowGMC Member

what sensors???

when was the last time you changed your fuel filter? Possibly injectors are dirty?
    just a couplde of guesses, it sounds like your ont he right track with checking fuels pressure. It does sound fuel related.
  4. Midwest BuildIt Inc

There is no fuel filter to change, it is built into the pump assembly. which is less than two years old. Still looking for a tester with a long enough hose.:confused:
  5. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

start simple, when was your last tune up? coils bad? etc..., then fuel pressure, etc. you know what i mean..

i read some stuff on the v10's having a bad cast, #7 cylinders had alot of pores form and leak radiator fuild into the crank.....investigate it, im gonna look to if i can find the threads. this might be on the first fews years of the 10
  6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Well, havnt checked the fuel pressure yet. But i did run the codes, gives me a pace to start at least..I know I wasnt leaking coolant before this problem happened. but i will have to check now..

11. No ignition reference signal detected during cranking (bad Hall effect) OR timing belt skipped one or more teeth; OR loss of either camshaft or crankshaft position sensor. Can cause the engine to stop working entirely with no limp-home mode.

12. Battery or computer recently disconnected

21.Oxygen sensor signal doesn't change (stays at 4.3-4.5V). Probably bad oxygen sensor

Anyone know where the camshaft sensor is???
  7. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Defently solve those code problems.....Don't know where the cps on the V10's - good luck!