1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My V plow controller to straight blade?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Sno4U, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

My truck has a Western MVP. I have a uni mount straight blade that has been rewired for a 2005 Ford F350. We have the adaptor for that plow to go to ultramount on either truck.
    Question. I know I can simply put the adaptor on my truck so the plow fits my truck but will my V plow controller work on the straight blade for simple up/down and left right functions?:confused::confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'd need to use a straight blade controller with the straight blade Sno. To do this you need the straight to Vee adapter plug in harness p/n 66760K in order to connect the straight controller into you Vee harness.

Trying to operate the straight blade with the Vee control will cause the motor to run when
    any function except DOWN is pressed, but the plow won't move as the control functions aren't correct.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  3. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

OK, B&B. I was hoping the controller functions where kind of universal. But I guess they changed that.
    This is all an effort to maybe use the straight blade IF the "V" ever went down (got tweeked and had to go to the shop during season). Then at least I'd have aback up blade for on my truck.
    I'm gettin' pretty heavy into my lawn stuff around here so, will probably be doing very little posting till Fall.
    If I have questions do U mind if I use the e-mail U posted-direct?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Absolutely Sno. PM feature isn't always dependable. :)

5. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Have a great summer!:drinkup: