1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My unpopular LCF / Meyer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NE.MCH, Oct 26, 2007.

1. NE.MCH

NE.MCH Junior Member
    from Ma.

Hey guys posted a thread a few weeks back agnozing over what truck to equip for this season after selling my old plow truck......alot of you guys helped out with you comments and I made my unpopular decision... So here it is ...I also promised all of you a TRUE non biased report on what I think of the ever unpopular Meyers.........so give me the season....then I'll let you know if its any good or not.....

2006 Ford LCF L55 19,500 GVW
    12' Rugby Mason Drop-side Dump
    9'6 Meyer Super V

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2007
  2. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

that is a very cool rig.......... If I were buying a dump that would be it. I love the visibility it gives.....

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck and plow look great. I hope you have good luck with them. I will be waiting for the updates as we go through the winter. It should be a fantastic set up.

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

You'll love the LCF to plow with and the new Meyers V's work very well.

Jerre

5. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Awsome plow truck and the Meyer V looks awsome on it. I was looking at them at Angelos last week and they look solid, and strong. It's definately in the running for my next plow buying decision.

I might add a deflector to it. You can add those to V plows, right? Im sure the snow will want to windshield on you if you dont. I guess it depends on what kind of places you plow too.

Are you planning a spreader unit? Angelos was shipping those under tailgate units out like hotcakes while I was there. I was there having a spreader installed. I had a lot of time to look around. :rolleyes:

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Nice looking rig, i don't like meyer but i can appreciate the plowing that truck and plow will be able to do!!

They really need to change their headlight mounting design...they look like insect antenas or something!

SNOWPOWER-yes you can do a deflector on a V plow, just in two pieces, either leave a notch in the middle (so when the plow is straight or in V there will be a gap, closed gap when in scoop mode) or use a lighter piece of rubber for the middle section so that it can flex and bend in V mode since it will be compressed!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  7. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree very sharp looking. My buddy has the same truck with the dump. He has the Western V Plow and uses a 8' Western Ice Breaker.

8. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

wow, 19500 GVW for that little thing, you should have a pretty good payload. make sure to get some pics this winter.

9. tom5301

tom5301 Member

NE Hey I talked to you before you bought the LCF.Iwanted to know what mount they used to put your plow on.I have had my LCF for 2 years and Iam still kicking it around to put a plow on it.

10. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

That looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
    My new Chevy w4500 goes in next week for its plow mounting. I will get the pics up as soon as I get it back.

Plus. You are the one with the check book. They aren't the ones who are going to use it. So who give a crap about what they say or think.

Peterbilt

11. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Very Nice truck. I think it looks great.

12. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

I don't understand why I never see more of these out on the road. I think they are a nice ride. I'm curious to hear about the Meyer Super V.

13. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i'm pulling for the meyer, hope it treats you well...

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. Everyone had meyers around here 20 years ago, I still think they are a good blade. Good luck this winter.

15. NE.MCH

NE.MCH Junior Member
    from Ma.

Actually I have had the truck for a year now.....and I searched high and low for a plow that had a mount as oppose to fabricating a custom one......well it was hear at plowsite that another user informed me that Meyers made one....so thats it I bought a Meyers and it just bolts right up:nod:

16. NE.MCH

NE.MCH Junior Member
    from Ma.

Hey guys thanks for all the compliments ....I will give more pics when there is snow....if there is snow:rolleyes: ....

Snowpower....yeah a deflector will probably be put on the first time I get a face of slushhy crap.......As far as a spreader.....I am thinking about putting a V Box in it.....I can get a stainless locally used at a pretty fare price......I just don't know if I am ready to do that to this truck.

17. NE.MCH

NE.MCH Junior Member
    from Ma.

The truck is about 9300Lbs....so yeah I can carry about 5tons......but I have put much more than that in it......got off a scale last week and weighed 22,700lbs:eek: ......truck handled it fine.... it was the DOT Cops I was worried about:nono:

18. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

That looks nice, get a pic of the side with the plow raised. Does it sag in the front at all?

19. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a sander for that thing?

20. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

wow sweet rig the visibility plowing will be awesome