1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My turn to post pis of my new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MatthewG, Oct 1, 2010.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Picked up my 04 crew cab with 58,000 miles, mint condition with Western plow. The plow is for sale and a brand new Fisher HD 8.6 is going on it maybe this weekend.

Here in PA it is monsooning and I stopped on the drive home to take pictures of the floating dumpsters moved by the high river water.

Better pics to follow this weekend as I swap out plows.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

2. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice buy matt, looks nice. I totally agree with your plow swap. Up in northern maine its been the same weather, pouring rain for like the last two weeks. I'm in the middle of building a new shop and i'm stuck inside doin nothing today. Congrats on the truck bud.

3. MatthewG

Thanks alot, Im pretty happy with it so far, its been only a few hours.....:drinkup:

4. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

Matthew, are you near Reading by any chance? If so I was wondering what the weather for next weekend is lookin like? Thanks, Chad

5. MatthewG

6. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Truck looks mint for an 04.
    The front tire looks low on an air..or is that just the tire?

7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Congrats on the purchase. Hope she makes good money for ya!

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

who said it was your turn to post pis,that could get ya banned from the chevy lovers, we secretly have he mods on our side. ps dont tell the ford and dodge boys though

9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Now get your logo lettered on that, put some lights on it, and it'll be sweet.

10. gkm

gkm Senior Member

real nice matt i have a 25hd o4 sliverado. it's been good to me. here the lehigh & delaware come together just couple feet under flood stage.
    good luck with the truck

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. You are making a great choise putting a Fisher on it IMO. Drip edge is way better than trip blade IMO.

12. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

what a great deal. it looks great.

13. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:...Do you have Fisher tatooed on your chest......Nice Truck.....

14. mercer_me

No, but I'm seriosly considering getting it tatooed on my arm. :D

15. MatthewG

Thanks, guys. I got the Western stuff all taken off last night, nothing 4 beers couldn't help me through. Truck was to go in for lettering Monday, but the transmission lines which were leaking when I got it seemed to have gotten worse, so it'll go in for service first.

I ordered a nice pioneer full head unit and pre-cut window tint. Currently looking for some chrome step bars to help me in and out.

The Fisher will be bolted on soon enough.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

16. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

Just picked up a 06 2500 HD Xcab with 61,000 on it. I'm undecided on what to put on it. We have mostly blizzard 810s and a couple 9'fishers. It my first 3/4 ton. We run all 1 tons and cab overs. Nice truck. Almost got a 4 door instead of the Xcab. Good luck with the truck.

17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

what size tires are those? 245's? nice truck and plow choice!!

18. MatthewG

they are the 245s but they are almost bald, I do like the look of smaller tires

19. MatthewG

Just a quick picture of the work I have doen so far. Took the western off and put on the Fisher, added step bars, cheap but effective, added EZ pass, bolted on my new class 5 Putnam Hitch, installed Sirius, and got new Firestone Transforce AT shoes....

trucknew.jpg

20. mercer_me

Looks realy good. That Fisher looks alot better on there than that Western IMO. Why do you have "triangle" that is for a stainles steel plow?