1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My turn signal went screwy!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by birddseedd, Nov 26, 2011.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

The turn signal was working, both plow and truck bulb. Today i got the head light hooked up. Now their all screwy.

Truck bulb seems good and strong, but the plow is dim and my truck complains about a burnt out bulb whenever that signal is on.

the only difference is before i was pulling electricity from the truck bulb to run the plow bulb, and using the same ground (the truck monitors the signal from the ground to determine if the bulb is out or not); whereas now im still using the trucks bulb power to power the plow bulb, however the plow bulb has its own ground now (shared with headlight ground)

so, technically i am pulling some power away from the truck bulbs ground, which could screw with the computer. I am not sure how the other side is hooked up, but i believe it is the same, plow bulb having its own ground.

ill have to check the ground connections, and take the tape off the other side to see what ground i have ran where. i might just have to re install the shared ground wire.

shrugs*