1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by elitelandscape, Dec 11, 2002.

1. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

I have talked to a few of you guys on here i'm new to the site well i have been here reading i don't say much. Anyways a bit about me i'm 22 years old from canada have been in business since i was 19. Here's a picture of my 2001 Chev Silverado LT. I tried to put my other truck on here but i don't know how to post to pics. Anyways happy holidays,,
    2nd truck is a 2002 gmc shortbox stepside I GOT IT TO WORK

cheers

P.S let's see some pictures of everybody's new toys this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinkup:

miketruck2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 11, 2002
  2. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

2nd truck

this is the only way i could do it

miketruck2.jpg

3. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Last one

You can sort of see the roof rack i put on a couple days ago it really makes the truck look better.

miketruck3.jpg

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Lookin good from here:D
    Mark K

5. Hawkz

Hawkz Member

EliteLandscape-
    those are some sharp trucks, I like the White one the best! Are those your very own/ both of them?? Sure are lucky if they are, I am looking to the future for a chevy 2500 Hd snow plow package. How much snow do you usually get up there in winter?? Send some down to the midwest, wondering if this is gonna be a really dry winter this year. Take care of those shiny toys....... Later, Hawkz

6. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

The trucks would be mine i also have a 99 dodge 3/4 that i would take a picture of but it is getting body work done to it. We get about 120 inches of snow a year maybe more. I was also looking at the 2500 hd's durmax but the stupid things are having more problems than the 1/2 tons around here.
    I'm know the hd's are extremely good trucks i know alot of people who have had them. Ya can't get much better. Any of the new 3/4 tons are really good. I guess when it all comes down to it you can have problems with anything you buy.
    I have yet to see the new dodge 3/4 with a plow on it i bet it looks some sharpe.

7. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

awesome looking trucks, do u do landscaping to?

8. C&D LANDSCAPING

C&D LANDSCAPING Junior Member

HEY elitelandscapes those are some sharp looking trucks. I have an 01 2500hd 8.1/allison auto, great truck for plowing and towing but the fuel mileage is killing me. I was thinking of getting a diesel next fall but you say they've had problems, just wondering what you've heard, problems with the engine or trans. I like do research before I buy don't want to buy a pile of headaches, any feedback would be appreciated.
    THANKS
    COREY

9. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

elitelandscape,

What part of NB are you from? I'm in Moncton and have lived in Bathurst and Fredericton

10. elitelandscape

elitelandscape Member

Hey guys yes i also do landscaping thats the biggest part of my business. well 50/50 with snow removal.
    Acorn i'm in sj. I have a very large contract with Irving Oil so really i work all over the place doing stuff for them.
    Far as the 2500hd's i actually talked to a guy today who had the engine go in his 2 days ago when it came from the factory they didn't put some kind of fan switch in it and she blew before he could shut it off.
    Don't get me wrong i will most likely have a 2500 durmax next year you can't get much of a better truck. It's like every other truck on the market they can all go bad if ya have a lemon. I also know of guys with 1500's that blew up but i have never had a problem with mine.
    It stays fairly warm around here and guys are told to put the big heavy duty coolers on their trucks but they don't listen and end up paying for it.

cheers

11. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

12. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

13. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Cant go wrong with the 2500HD duramaxs. I sure love mine:D Nice looking rigs by the way. The gas motors are pretty powerful in the 1500s.

plow 1.jpg

14. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Ohiosnow, thats alot of snow over the years:eek: I was wondering with all of that time behind the wheel you must have used a lot of equipment over the years,why did you chose the rig you have today, and what motor and trany combo do you have, by the way, nice truck:waving:

15. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

MDB Landscaping i want your truck. Ever since i saw it in action at the Mobil station i have been in love. Love the hidaways especially the dash wig wags. And that diesel is bad azz.

Jay

16. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Ohio Snow?

Is your Buyers a hitch mount, and is that a custom shield between the unit and the truck?

Nice rig I might add. I'm green with envy.

17. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sno-mover

Yea lots of different equipment, I have owned Jeeps,Dodge,Fords & Chevys & liked them all :) .

It's a 6.0L - Auto Ext cab HD

I picked Chevy as for ride comfort ( 2 hern. Disc. in my back) :( & I've always had very good luck with Chevys not breaking down.

I did look a the Duramax/Allson combo but I don't put but 10,000 miles on it a yr. because I have other trucks I can drive so it wasn't worth it for me.:waving:

18. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

fastjohnny

Yes, I custom fab. a 2" hitch mount ( I posted some picks, I'll have to look ). ;)

The sheild is a peice of 3/8" plastic screwed to the back with 12" of rubber hanging below that. ;) I don't have any problem with salt hitting the bumper or tailgate. Very easy to clean-up truck & have no salt pcs. on the truck only on the salter frame. :waving:

19. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

fastjohnny

I found were I posted a couple pcs. in thread-- PlowSite.com > Snow Plowing > Snow Plowing Discussion > Tail-Gate spreaders-- 1 pic on page 1 & another 1 on page 2.

20. stslawncare

stslawncare Senior Member

how does the black truck work with towing? how is it at plowing?