1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My trucks.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by CyberJay, Jan 25, 2005.

1. CyberJay

CyberJay Junior Member

Just took some pics of my trucks before the last storm. Take a look.

1978 Suburban c20
    3/4 ton
    400ci small block th400 trans
    4" lift, 36" tires, custom plow mount
    2000 Western 8'6" Unimount

2004 Ford F250
    5.4l v8
    Federal Signal hideaways
    2005 Boss 8'6"

2. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Hows the Suburban plow? You said that it's a c20 which should be 2wd.
  3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks good. I like the burban.

4. CyberJay

CyberJay Junior Member

Glad you guys like it. I do too. :) It's a 4x4. NP203, Dana 44 up front and the big corporate 14 bolt in the rear. Both fully floating.

It plows real well. My new ford is only slightly nicer as far as moving snow. Only problem I have with the suburban is the weight of the plow. I got the plow used but in great shape, and it's really too heavy for the truck. If I was keeping the truck I would get a new set of front springs made up.

It's actually only got about 45k original miles. ODO says 36k but the cable was broken for about 1000 miles, and with the big tires it doesn't record correctly. The frame and drivetrain are perfect. The interior is close to perfect. The body, of course, has rust starting all over it.