1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hackitdown, Dec 18, 2012.

1. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

Not nearly as impressive as most of you guys, but these are my trucks. An '06 (red), and an '04 (silver). Both 2500HD, 6.0 gas, 8' Fisher MMIIs, and wearing the winter tires. The red one is my daily ride.

[​IMG]

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

look really good!

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They look great. I love GM trucks.

4. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Look good love that body style!

5. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Looks good I think ive seen your trucks around before im not to far from you anyways I live in Westford

6. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice pair of Bowties.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

looks good just need some snow

8. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice little fleet, who drives the other truck ?

9. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

I live close to the Westford line, off Rt 40, near the Groton Highway Dept. I have a few landscape maintenance customers in Westford, so I'm around.

10. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

I have 2 guys that work for me most of the year, they are laid off for winter. I call them back for plowing when needed. I plow sometimes if a guy can't work. Not a ton of work since we only plow 10 or 12 times per year, but it keeps them interested in returning in the spring.

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I like the red and yellow. Nice stuff.

12. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

Yeah..the red one is a WT, roll-up windows, manual locks, rubber mats, has lots of dings and scratches, and the bumpers are pushed in, but it still looks way better to my eye. It seems more solid than the '04, too. But if the '04 isn't plowing, it is pulling a landscape trailer loaded with 2 big mowers, and it has a steel dump insert in the bed to weigh it down. All work, no play.

13. durafish

from 02919

man that would kill me, having a nice truck like that with pushed in bumpers and dents. I have 2 duramax with 200,000 miles and one i just got so its not perfect but the other is almost perfect no dents and very little scratches.

14. hackitdown

hackitdown Member

It does kill me. My vehicles used to all be perfect. But now I run a landscaping business, it just goes with the territory. And I'm way to cheap to spend money on body repairs.

15. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

That's why they're WTs. The worst is the first one, after that it just starts to add character Thumbs Up

16. durafish

from 02919

love that way of thinking!:dizzy:

17. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

What do your trucks do for work? Mine haul mulch, rock, grass, mowers, tools and two have sanders in the winter. To think a WORK truck won't get scratches and dents is rediculous.

18. durafish

from 02919

construction loaded up almost all day and 150 miles a day. but i dont let other people load stuff and keep in mint. its hard to keep it the way it is but to me its worth it because my trucks are also like a hobby. but if you set out buying a WORK truck then it makes sense. Either way they are still chevy's!!

19. jrs.landscaping

from Maine

I know where you guys are coming from. At the dealer today I saw this fairly new pickup with a plow and sander. Front bumper ripped off and both rear corners of the bed caved in :eek:!! I guess I'm middle of the road, I can tolerate a few scratches and dents but if my trucks looked like that I'd be :gunsfiring:

20. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I was in the Army with a guy from Groton. Nice trucks. I like that they match up. As things progress, think about a maco spray job and lettering.