1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My trucks new addition....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jfalkingham, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Junior Member

I finally added the plow I have wanted for a year or two.... :drinkup:

[​IMG]

TruckPlowFront.jpg

Plow.jpg

TruckClose.jpg

Last edited: Aug 5, 2005
  2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

Looks great, nice rig and setup! Pull off the cutting edge until you wear the base angle down though.

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Looks great! Congratulations. I had my old cutting off for a year on my last rig. I think it didn't make any difference. I have in installed right from the get go like you this time.

4. gkm

gkm Senior Member

Congrads looks good :drinkup: Now it's time to pray to the snow gods :rolleyes:

5. delvalle6759

delvalle6759 Junior Member

Wow!

payup You'll make money with that one for sure..... Will you depreciate the whole thing in 5 yrs? 20% a year using straight line depreciation or do you write off milege? payup

6. jfalkingham

Given that I am in a rural area and will probably have a good amount of mileage between sites, I will go the mileage route. The depreciation number at 20% would be around $2100. The cost of the plow, lights, back ballast, back rack, radio, and such will be a pretty good depreciation the first year. Of course, the taxman always takes her cut payup

7. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

is your lift chains adjusted to long? seems like the plow should be higher on full lift like the ram shows, you may want to tighten up a few links when you lower it.

jeff

8. jfalkingham

Probably could come up a link or two. I moved the plow out in the woods since I took the photos, it's too much misery to stare at it in the driveway when its 80 outside :) I'll do another look over when I take it back out in the fall.

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Why do people do this? I've always thought the idea was to save on the original trip edge, in addition to providing a harder,longer wearing wear surface. Also, remember, if you are going to install a backdrag, do it with a fresh edge, if you set it up to work with an old worn edge it might not have the lift it needs to provide good scraping when you do get a new edge on. Just a few thoughts.

10. delvalle6759

delvalle6759 Junior Member

Reply to milege

Hey not a bad idea using the milege... also with the price of fuel going up the Feds have upped the milege deduction rate