1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My trucks :D

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EGLC, Oct 16, 2010.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry for the bad picture, took it with my BB. The '03 is getting tires, leveling kit and tow mirrors soon.

trucks1.jpg

2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Are they yours or did your Daddy buy them for you.:rolleyes:

3. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

figured we'd have some jealous people....didn't think it'd come from the first response though.

And to answer your question, No. Daddy did not buy them for me.

4. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

I just figured that since you thought my trucks and equipment belonged to my parents and that I was 13 and just another stupid teen here, that maybe you were in the same boat. Sorry. My mistake. I think I hear my mom calling me! I better go now before she takes away my internet.. :eek:

5. Kuzanut

Kuzanut Senior Member

So which is it. New York? Or New Jersey?

6. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

HaHa, you noticed that too?

I also think the 03 looks more like it's a 1500 not a 2500 and, the front valance isn't cut, so there's no plow like in his sig either.....:nod:

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

i see a solid front axle on the 03 so its def a 3/4 ton. looks good i like the matching colors. whats size tires on the 03 it does look short in the front comapered to the 2nd gen. good look with them:drinkup:

8. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I had to go back and look a third time, you're right it does have a SFA. But I still don't see any mods to the front valance.....

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Its a 2500, it doesn't have the plow prep so it sits lower in front-end and needs leveling kit.

I have to install the plow, I just purchased the truck. I put a deposit on it last saturday and picked it up today.

If you look around on the site you will see a slightly older thread with photos of my plows and the 01.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  10. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

I did acknowledge that it was a 2500. Looking at your sig line and then at the front of the 03 with the NY plate, you can see how some of us here can pick out the discrepancies......

If it doesn't have the plow prep, I'd suggest you skip the tow mirrors and go for the 160 amp alternator and mega tranny cooler first. a purty truck does no good if it's sitting in the shop broken....:mechanic:

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I should've clarified from the beginning. I'm going to install the plow mounts hopefully next week. I will look into the alt and hd cooler.

12. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

From GM to Dodge?

Get some better pics.

13. USMCMP5811

USMCMP5811 Senior Member

Absolutely Brilliant!

brilliant_medium.jpg

14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

my 03 chevy was t-boned and I sold it to a member on here....I got dodge because I found good deals ;)

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

put the mounts on the '03 today :drinkup: doing the wiring over the weekend :bluebounc

plowinstall.jpg

16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Considering the scope of the projects you seem to do on your website, why wouldn't you have bought a dump truck? Seems a heck of a lot more useful than two pickups without dump inserts or anything?

17. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet trucks the mirrors make a huge difference I love my tow mirrors

18. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I will be adding a used F550 CC dump in spring. A F550 dump is too large for the accounts I have lined up for this winter and needed two trucks to get me through. Its the end of the year, no sense buying a truck that would sit all winter or maybe sub @ $90hr when I can pull $120hr+ with one pickup on a route I have already lined up

I stole the '01 and the '03 I got a good deal on as well. It made sense. I will most likely sell the '01 in spring and use that $ towards a '03-05 RG to match the '03 CC.

Yes they do! Once we start with cleanups here full swing and I start to recoup some $$ mirrors will be ordered for the '03

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  19. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

Let me know when you ready to sell the 01

20. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

put the backrack and magnets on the truck today.....I'm going to have my website lettered along the door rocker panels and then do the tailgate with logo, phone # and website.

truck needs tires, tow mirrors and a leveling kit by winter!

[​IMG]