1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cf1128, Jan 8, 2010.

1. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

Just snapped this thought it was kinda of a cool pic.
    My 2009 one ton diesel GMC with 9 foot poly.

2. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

it does look cool how does iy handle the plow
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

That is a cool pic- I still have my doubts about a poly blade in terms of ruggedness.... and weight.
  4. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Wait... Im embarrassed. I did not know Fisher made a poly?

BDEMOTT Senior Member

6. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

let's get some more pics of that bad boy.
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice plow and truck.
  8. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Shane I thought you where the Fisher guy???
  9. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

I hear ya, I did too.$4900 is big bucks---- What do you think is the weight difference between a stainless and a poly?
    You will be surprised when you find out.
    I was going to go stainless, with a GMC if you want to go by the book, you need to pay attention to the weight, unless warranty means nothing to you, and in all honesty it didn't mean that much to me. However, I would venture to say we have one of the very best Fisher dealers in the country up here. Lang's Corner Garage http://www.langscornergarage.com\
    My man Paul, the Fisher GURU of New England, uses a 9 foot poly as his personal plow and he could have anything, he recommended the Poly with the diesel to me for two reasons, #1 it saved me 40lbs in weight, that's it, it only weighs 40 lbs less and replacement is only $400 instead of $1500.
    Plus I saved $400,
    If anybody ever needs a part or is stumped, these guys are the best. I have met guys from New jersey and Pennsylvania that travel all the way out here for them.
    The best part is, if you order a part, Paul knows Fisher so cold, you get the right part, no extra downtime. I really am happy with the service from them.
    I plow right along side 10' MC series and my little beast holds its own.
    I do think an 8.5 Poly would be the ultimate, but oh well.
    Oh yeah, I may be off with the 40 pounds, it may be 70 but I am pretty sure I am right.
  10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, thats a cool pic.
  11. cf1128

cf1128 Member
    from NH

Thanks guys!
  12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

wow nice cool and definetly a cool pic.