1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by RCsLawncare, Nov 18, 2009.

1. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

2003 GMC Sierra 2500HD 8.1 496 with the allison

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0153-1.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Nice post a pic of it with teh plow on!!!!!

3. RCsLawncare

I will when it stops raining. Its been non stop. it needs to get cold now!!

4. Brando55

Brando55 Member

how do you find the 8.1? i almost bought one but decided to go with the diesel in the end.

5. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

how many miles on that bad boy?

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and very nice plow! Should serve you well this winter.

7. RCsLawncare

Thanks guys, I was wanting the 6.0 for a while, and this was just to nice of a truck to pass up for the price, I thought it was kinda weird, but went for it. I bought it with 103,000 on the clock and it has 135000 now. The 8.1 was just in it, I love it because of the allison. It is a beast when towing, so smooth. But the gas stations are never far away!!!

8. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Ive That Truck Before Haha
    Looks Just like mine.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck and plow.

10. RCsLawncare

yes, it sure is, except for mine is lacking the duramax. I wanted the tow mirrors, but figured I dont tow anything enclosed, so I didn't worry about it. Yours looks a little more clean and less used. She sees mud alot, mostly pulling out friends in there half tons. But yours looks sharp!!

11. RCsLawncare

Thanks guys for all the comments!

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking truck and plow. I'll be in your neck of the woods on saturday. Have live fire training at IFSI at the burn towers at the university.

13. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Thanks Ya Mine Sees Mud Alot To I like The Towing Mirrors and the dmax

14. RCsLawncare

mark, I love driving down Neil and seeing you guys burning those buildings! Do you guys practice on the rail cars anymore? Be safe!

15. RCsLawncare

Hey guys, if anyone is interested, Im selling my truck, looking to get a regular cab Gm or Dodge! Anyone got an offer in mind, shoot! Comes complete with the Boss 8.2 V-XT and all!! Current miles are 143k.

16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Why are you selling, jw! I'd love an 8.1...i want to super charge one real bad!!! oh well, also, why are you considering dodge against the GM? (i can't wait to see the posts that follow this :confused: )

17. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

better truck?:rolleyes:

jk dont want to start a thread war!

18. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Leather? Price?

19. RCsLawncare

hey now, I am just considering one! lol A GM will be over the Dodge any day. I like the look of the Dodge, but it would have to be a Diesel. If I could find the same truck, but reg cab, long bed, id be set! And I love the 8.1!!!!!

20. RCsLawncare

Im thinking somewhere in the 14k range with the plow, might be high, but its a starting point. It has leather all the way around with heated front seats. Drivers seat shows wear, but not cracked apart. Im getting some fresh pictures today of it!!