1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by tgh117, Jan 20, 2008.

1. tgh117

tgh117 Junior Member

Here are some pics of my truck with the new to me Western 8' unimount. I've had it a while now, but just haven't had the truck, plow on, and camera all at the same time. Thanks for looking.

2. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Nice set up good luck with it.
  4. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

nice chevy , i just love the old style trucks like the 77 chevy as well as a 78 ford and welcome to plow site
  5. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Now that is one nice looking truck!!!!!!!!!!!! I like it.:salute:
  6. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice looking. Did you restore it?

T4SILVERADO Junior Member
    from ohio

Nice truck. but thats no 77 front clip
  8. Kevin97Tahoe

Kevin97Tahoe Member

Love the older Chevys.

Nice rig. Good luck with it!
  9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good
  10. tgh117

tgh117 Junior Member

You are correct, its not actually a 77 front nose. With the help of my dad (who owns a body shop) we restored it 12 years ago for my first car to drive when I turned 16. The original truck which had a meyer 7 1/2' plow was really rusty, so we replaced the cab and front end with this one off an 86 which was one of the only rust free ones we could find up here in the northeast. It still looks pretty good in these pictures, but up until I bought my own house two years ago, it has sat outside becuase it couldn't fit in the garage. It is starting to show the typical signs of age, rusty cab corners, bottom of the doors, and rockers. I recently (right before christmas) scored an 84 parts truck which is again rust free, so I am going to do another frame off restoration in the near future. The truck is the most imporant thing I got, next to my wife, so it gets nothing but the best. I just got the plow at the end of the summer, paid 900 for it with everything including the frame mounts.

Thanks for the nice commments.
  11. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

Had a beautiful '78 stepside a bunch of years ago. Sold it just before son # 2 came along........After wanting one for so long, had to get rid of it because of no room to keep it and it wasn't practical :cry: . Kids are still only 7 and 10, but sold the house and bought one with a 40 X 40 garage. Still kickin' myself for selling that AND my '68 camaro, but hey.......that's life I guess. :nod: