1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by gmcsierra1500, Dec 30, 2006.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

before timbrens and torsion bar adjustments

truck 001.jpg

truck 002.jpg

2. gmcsierra1500

from CT

After

after timbrens and torsion bar adjustments

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

3. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

is that a 2 or 4wd? nice setup!! love the color!

Mark:bluebounc

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Ahh much better. Nice looking setup, those short beds are awesome to plow with

5. gmcsierra1500

from CT

4x4

thanks, the truck was repainted before i bought it because it was a two tone, thats why there are no 4x4 and Z71 graphics on the side but its a 4wd Z71 i dont think it would handel that Fisher RD if it wasnt

6. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Nice setup ! I always like that kind of setup ,it makes maneuvering easy. I agree with Newdude (Awesome color). The pictures really point out how much Timbrens help.

7. lazerslicer

lazerslicer Member

How many....

How many turns of the torsion bars????

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

That is an awesome color, as previously mentioned here. I have always thought Fisher had the best looking setup for trucks, though I admit to being biased! I can't say I ever had a problem with the half tons I have had in all the years I plowed with 'em, but yours sure handles the heavy Fisher well with the modifications. Good luck with it!

~Kevin

9. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

I looked at the pics again and i just cannot stop looking at the color! i have a few ?'s. did you buy the truck new, or used? is the plow a 7'6" or smaller? what engine? And if you do not mind me asking, but how much?

Mark:bluebounc

10. YardMedic

Re: plow size

That's a Fisher RD 7'6" as identified by the 3 springs

11. gmcsierra1500

from CT

Newdude i bought the truck used last winter, when i bought it it had 78k miles and i got it for $12000, Its a 2000 with a 5.3 V8 it looks newer because the previous owner must have wrecked the front end and put a 2003 valance and bumber on it, also he had it repainted. i just bought the plow, which is a 7 1/2 RD used and did the install myself this winter, still working out the gliches because i guess i have the wrong light harness so the low beams dont work but everything else does, could really use some snow to try it out!

lazerslicer, i had my mechanic do the torsion bars when he was taking care of some other stuff so i dont know how many turns he did but ill try and find out for you

12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i like it nice compact truck great plow truck

13. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Looks good, but do you also have weight in the back? Proper ballast is the first thing you do, before Timbrens and suspension modifications.

14. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

very nic and not bad at all! good luck

15. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

is it just me or is that blade lifted up really high?

16. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I guess it's just the truck that is low, so it looks like the blade is going higher.

17. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That blade looks very high in all pics. Are you sure that the lift chain is set right? That will cause it to sag.

18. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

nice truck i almost bought the exact same truck a year or so ago, hope she does you well.

19. YardMedic

Could be the pin choice he opted for. If he used the top pins he would get that much lift, much moreso than the middle or bottom pins

20. gmcsierra1500

from CT

pin choice

the lift hieght could be caused by the pin choice, i had to use the top hole bacause of the 03 bumber on the 2000 fram (made installation hell) if i move the pin to the middle hole the a arm hits the middle of the valance when lifted