1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by TRUE TURF LAWN, Oct 17, 2006.

1. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE I GOT THE FRIDAY TRUCK FROM GM. I WILL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU I LIKE THE TRUCK BUT NOT THE PROBLEMS. HERE WE GO, WITH 8,000 MILES THE TR ANNY WAS LEAKING, WITH 18,000 MILES THE LEFT CV SHAFT WAS LEAKING FROM THE DIFFERENTIAL, WITH 20,000 MILES THEY HAD TO TAKE OUT THE HOLE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL ASSEMBLY AND RESEAL THE HOLE THING, AND AT THAT SAME TIME THE DRIVER SIDE SPEAKER NEED TO BE REPLACED. ( I ******* LISTEN TO SPORTS TALK RADIO FOR **** SAKES). SO I AM NOT TO THRILLED WITH GM RIGHT NOW.

I NEW I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A FORD!
    DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE PIECE OF **** BLIZZARD PLOW EITHER.:realmad:

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

c'mon tell us how you really feel.....:D Sorry your havin problems buddy

3. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Stop yelling at us...we didn't do it!!

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Whats wrong with the blizzard plow?

5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

heres what you do get in the truck drive to your local dodge dealer and trade it in....no just kidding wont warrenty cover all this

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Get a new attitude not a new truck

Wahh Wahh Wahh.. You sound a little like a baby. Work the bugs out and stop bad mouthing Chevy. We can just tell...If it was Ford you be complaining about something!Wahh Wahh Wahh

I wasn't leaking when It left the lot so how can you blame them. They fixed it for you. And as for your speaker, talk radio listen to loud can be just as damaging to speakers as music.. GET SOME HEARING AIDS.

OK.. aren't you glad you posted this! lol !

7. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Ouch. No sympathy here.

At least it's under warranty. You may want toe have a straight talk with the local service rep and the area rep. Tell them you are concerened about the life of the truck and current problems. Then ask them to investigate the trans and front axel. Your either beating on it, it was put together poorly or somehow the alignment of mounting and shafts are causing undo stress. ( As for the speaker ...... Probably cheap material ). What version and year og gmc do you have.....

8. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Yes I was kind of mean. Bad mood I guess.. maybe it was tha caps lock! lol

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't care if its Ford, Dodge, or Chev. In my mind they are all pieces of sh*t and none of them are made for work these days. Just my opinion.

10. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That's the truth. It's 6 of one and half dozen of another.

11. TRUE TURF LAWN

First of all i thought this was an open form. I was just telling you guys the problems I have had thats all. I know it has a warranty but its the hassle of bring the truck in every month or so. I should not have these problems with only 20,000 miles. I could see problems around 80,000 or 90,000 but 20,000 give me a break. Epic is right they don't make trucks like they use to, I had a 1999 3/4 ton that had 140,000 miles on it with out one leak thats why i stayed with Chevy.

12. jbone

jbone Senior Member

I love my 94' 2500 237k miles and not a problem!! (knock on wood). I doubt I will ever buy anything new, the old ones are just too damn reliable

13. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Your right it does suck when It happens that early. I also would be like WTF did I get a lemon? I sincerely hope your done with any issues. I was just teasing you because of you cap locks.

14. TRUE TURF LAWN