1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by REAPER, Feb 18, 2005.

1. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Drivers side dirty hour after plowing.

DrSide.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  2. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Front blade down

Front.jpg

3. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Passenger side 1500# of salt in back plus spreader weight. No timbrens in rear. Timbrens installed in front.

PasSide.jpg

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Switchs. Hideaway strobes on left spreader control on right.

Switchs.jpg

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

screwed up I guess.

6. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Rear with spreader on.

spreader.jpg

7. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. bet that thing can be a pain to try to turn around. :) you still plowing in Kalamazoo?

8. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I try to not get where I have to turn around. Yes is a major pain in some spots and am glad I only do commercial lots. Is almost 30' long front of plow to rear of spreader.

Yep still in k-zoo. These pics are at my brothers's house. Alcott & March streets.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  9. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

After reading how many have the same problem and reading about some who have put rubber up to protect the salt throw back I finally decided to put a piece on mine.
    Probably to late to save the bumper but at least I wont have a half bag of salt sitting on the bumper top when done salting.

Including cigg break and coffee refill and finding the nuts&bolts/washers total time was about 2 hours. And that was working slow cleaning up and making sure I had smooth holes after I drilled. File and reamed after drilling.

Tools used.

hrdware and tools used.JPG

Start.

start.JPG

Cut out for spinner rails.

cut for spinner rail.JPG

Finished back.

finished back.JPG

Finished front view.

finished front.JPG

hrdware and tools used.JPG

start.JPG

cut for spinner rail.JPG

finished back.JPG

finished front.JPG

10. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I think I'm going to do that to mine. Looks good

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Easiest upgrade to date I would say. Probably be well worth the effort as well. I had all the stuff in the garage already. I used a old pool mat that has not been used in a few years. I gave away the spare floor mats I had and did not want to use the tool box top just to get black.

I was just so tired of all the salt under and on my truck after every use.

12. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good REAPER. I plan to do the same but not till after the season is over.

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I like the older Dodges like that.

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks real good reaper......always nice to see your set-up....that truck has push alot of snow

15. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I "was" going to do over the summer but as always other things got in the way. With this no snow break I figured as good as time as any.

I love the 1st and 2nd gen RAMs. The newer 3rd and 4th arnt to bad but they went overboard with the plastic and other stuff without really building up the work part of it. My opine only but I would not buy a new-new Dodge I don't think.

Thanks Tim.
    Yes this truck has seen some major snow. I would have to look at all the repair records to see if it has paid for itself yet. The recent trans rebuild did not make me to happy at the start of the season. I wish I could stuff a good Ole GM TH400 in it that's for sure.

16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Bumping for someone looking at the truck locally.

Truck is for sale