1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by William B., Dec 27, 2004.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Well here are my truck. It is an 01 2500HD with the 6.0/4.10/plow prep. I would like to get a plow on it by next winter. I am thinking either a Western or a Hiniker, both because there are local dealers.
    Let me know what you think.

2. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Nice looking truck. Now all you need is a plow for that bad boy. Where in IA do you live.
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Good looking truck. I used to have the same truck only it was pewter color. It had everything, leather heated seats. power everything, onstar, you name it. Everything kept breaking on it so I traded it.
  4. the snowman

the snowman Junior Member

I have a western on my 97 chev.

Hi, I purchased a 7 1/2 ft. western and put pro-wings on it and love it. A heavy rubber is a must though to keep the crap off your windshield. I also have a 9 1/2 ft. V-Plow on my John Deere 2840 which is a Boss. It works great to but it is all hydrolic. Let it snow. The Snowman.
  5. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

Nice looking truck I have always liked the bold look of the older style Chevy trucks now all you need is a big'ol 810 Blizzard to match
  6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Mowey9- I live in Mt. Pleasant. I am about an hour south of Iowa City. Where are you at in the hawkeye state.

The Boss- Well my truck doesn't have every thing, but it is a big improvement from my old truck. Cloth bucket seats, am/fm/cd, pwr windows, locks,cc all those other goodies. My 80 came stock with an am radio. Whoopie :bluebounc

the snowman- I was thinking either a 71/2ft with wings or an 8 ft. I went and talked to the local western dealer Friday and he said for about $3500 for a pro plow installed. From what I read that seemed reasable. I didn't get a chance to talk to the Hiniker dealer. The reason I like them, is for the c-plow. I will mostly be doing driveways, so haveing the ability to backdrag like that will help. The one thing that concerned me with the c-plow is that they are only making them in poly, and I am not sure if I like the idea of having a plastic blade. It could make repairs alittle expensive.

Thanks for the compliments.

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

MD Power Plow- Thanks for the compliment. I love the look of the 01-02 HD's. I looked for close to a year trying to find a truck that I liked that was in my price range. I feel very lucky that I found this truck. As for the blizzard plow, there aren't any dealers close to my area, although I saw a GMC CC with the D/A combo runnin around town with a blizzard mount on it. There is also a newer Ford dually with one on it. I don't know where they are getting them installed at however.
    Thanks again for the compliments everyone.