1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by gene gls, Jan 1, 2004.

1. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

This is a 99 Mitsu, with an 8 foot meyers plow. And a 1.5 yd Downeastern electric sander.

jan01020 (small).jpg

2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

It must be weird plowing with a cab over since your sitting up against the wind shield? Bit you must have great visibility with being so close sure you can see the whole blade and obstruction very well. Those turn a pretty tight radius don't they??

3. gene gls

It has some good and bad points like all other rigs. Yes, it turns very tight, but that is no good plowing because you are driving in an unplowed area. Its great for turning around in close quarters. The w/b is shorter than my K2500 pickup. Good visiability, high and close to the plow.

Gene

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Nice truck Gene. The sander is the next step for my cabover. Need some snow to try it out now. Is that a 14,500? 4wd? :cool:

5. gene gls

paponte, Thanks.
    Its a 2 w/d, I have a locker. You have to be careful not to hang the plow in a pile. Or let a lot of loose snow fall down around the end of the plow and drive over it. In other words, don't make a long run with the blade straight. You will have a lot better traction than me because your w/b is a lot longer.

Gene