1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Truck with Front & Back Plows

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Filer, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

I bought my Back Plow right here at this website from capt.craig ........ Excellent Man to deal with !!!!! Thanx capt.craig.

I have it on my Truck now and we got a pile of snow again this weekend so I go to go out & play with it today :D

Here are a few Pic's of it.

trcuk plowing.jpg

2. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

#2 picture of the truck

pushing snow.jpg

3. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

#3 picture of the truck

plowing.jpg

4. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

#4 picture of the truck

back plow.jpg

5. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

#5 picture of the truck

truck & light.jpg

6. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Nice looking truck and plows. Looks like the rear plow works good.

7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice set up !! Blue light is ok in canada, right ??

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Thats cool that you bought the back blade. I spoke to Craig several times about that plow. I would have bought it but i didnt want to tie up that cash at the end of the season. Congrats on your purchase...Rob

9. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

Bule light color is the light used in Canada for plowing Eyesell, where I live anyway.

10. CHEVYPLOWDUDE

CHEVYPLOWDUDE Junior Member

BACK BLADS KICK @SS IT DRAINS THE ***** OUT OF MY BATTIRES THO AN I GOT A DULE BATT SET UP MY HEATER FLIPS OFF SOME TIME WHEN PLOWING ANY 1 KNOW WHY THAT MAY BE? LIGHTS DIM TO :) LET IT SNOW!

11. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

CHEVYPLOWDUDE is your alternator big enough ?

12. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Yup Blue is for snow plowing and removal.

13. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

HuH?:dizzy: :confused:

14. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Here in Nova Scotia we use amber, I guess you guys forgot Canada isn't another word for Ontario.

15. shepoutside

shepoutside Member

We use blue in Ontario :) Amber is Caution, which maybe is why they use it in Nova Scotia lol (Wife's from Sydney Mines)

16. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

Is the truck a 1500 dodge ram or a 2500?

17. cigam

cigam Guest

I think the blue light is for NYC too, for plowing. Maybe it's red I'm thinking of.

I rember I sold a tractor to a man in NYC, he was a cop, so he had two lights. I think one was blue and the other one was amber. He told me the blue light is for snowplowing (it might of a been a red light), and the amber light is for police work. I wouldn't forget that as I'm used to

amber - snowplows, construction equipment
    red - fire
    blue - Police
    clear - emt

18. Filer

Filer Member
    from Canada

1500 dodge and just added timbrins to the front bud .

19. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I think amber has to be used for snowplowing everywhere in the U.S. including New York City. Red and blue are for emergency vehicles only.

20. NJMedic

NJMedic Junior Member
    from NJ

And another misc. tidbit of info for yall... DOT approved purple as an offical warning light color for funeral processions a while back, though I have never seen a flower car with a lightbar ;P ... Also Green is incident command for any multi-deprtmental response to an emergency, the list goes on and on but I wont bore ya'

--Chris