1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck waiting patiently...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Brett K, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Brett K

Brett K Member

I bought the truck back in July, but finally got around to fixing a bunch of stuff and rebuilding the plow. Here are some before and after pictures. Probably won't see any snow now. Of course, my dog, Zora, can't resist jumping in for a photograph.
    Before pic of plow. It was in bad shape. I had to rebuild everything and do alot of welding due to stress cracks and rust.
    [​IMG]

After pic of the plow.
    [​IMG]

The truck ready to go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Sweet Truck, My neighbor down the street has a 2500 that is blue.

Nice Trucks

3. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Nice job, that plow looks like it is brand new now!

4. NEAL

NEAL Member

Wow! You can't even tell that was the same plow! It looks so different that I feel gullible thinking it's the same one. If you don't mind letting us know, how much did you pay for that plow and how much more did you invest in refurbishing it?

5. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

That's the same plow??? :eek:

Looks like a side business could be in order payup

6. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

wow, how much time do you have in rebuilding that

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

First picture looks like that plow was burnt... but maybe that is just me...

8. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Wow! excellent job

9. Brett K

Brett K Member

No, it wasn't burnt. The guy just painted over all the rust with flat black and grey right before he traded it in. I guess he was going for the camo look. The plow came with the truck and I paid less than resale value for the truck, so it was kind of a freebie. I have about $1200 invested in rebuilding the plow and it took me about two weeks and was a PITA. I spent the whole time in the garage listening to the weather channel talking about an upcoming storm to help keep me motivated. Let's just say I would much sooner sit in the cab behind the controls with a hot cup of coffee.

Actually, the plow was easier than resolving all the issues with the truck. I bought it in Syracuse and it saw it's fair share of salt. It took me a whole weekend just getting off old rusty exhaust manifolds because every damn stud broke.:realmad:

Thanks for the compliments guys.

10. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

wow, that looks 2 new, very impressive if thats for real

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

very good job on the rebuild of the plow and that truck looks awesome i had a 2000 chevy 1500 and it looked like that and i loved that truck good luck

12. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Dang! He even put the "how to hook up" sticker on it...:dizzy: If that's the same plow...awesome job! Nice Weimer there too, beautiful dogs.

Buck

13. drplow

drplow Senior Member

all that work. i would be afraid to scratch it. i would park that one in my garage and use my other plow.

14. Brett K

Brett K Member

Yep, it's the same plow. I have the busted knuckles and overspray all over the garage to prove it. I had to replace the lift arm with a new one and a new hook up sticker came with it. Under that sticker was the only place that wasn't rusted before so I figured it should go back on. Believe it or not, I used Fisher paint and foam paint brushes to paint the blade. All of the primer used is Eastwood Rust Encapsulater and a topcoat of Chassis Black for the black. The paint works really well.

Thanks for the compliments on the dog. He makes a great plowing buddy.

15. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Nice setup you have there, and the restore looks mint straight out of the factory. Welcome to the plowing world of blood, sweat, and tears. You've started off well it sounds!

16. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

Very impressive job, did a double take

17. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

that was an awesome restoration, good job

18. Ian

Ian Member

Awesome job!

I need to work on my uni-mount. Getting old and looking rough around the edges.

19. green leaf

green leaf Junior Member

My two year old plow does not look that good.:cry: