1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my truck launched off lift at shop

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by THEGOLDPRO, Jun 23, 2008.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

so today i got some break work done on the dodge had em do an oil change while it was there. so they got this new16 year old kid working there as the shop bit*h he changes the oil goes to start the truck up and let it run for a sec, now mind you my trucks a 5-speed he didnt notice the truck was in first and popped the clutch out and jumped it right off the front of the lift into their alignment machine destroyed the alignment machine and beat my front bumper up pretty good. alo apparently the alignment machine costs about 40k lol

kid went into shock and didnt say a word. i just happined to be there when this all happined and saw the whole thing i went into shock for a sec then just started laughing i also took a few pics to remember this by.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

did you get a free car wash with the oil change?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I'd charge you shop time for holding up the other customers !

4. THEGOLDPRO

i got a free bumper with my oil change. :)

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice work junior. bet he wont ever live that down

6. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

MAN THAT SUCKS BEN....... I WOULDA LAUGHED TO PROLLY:drinkup:

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

lol thats why I always try to do my own work on my truck too many people who dont know what there doing.
    Goldpro did you ever get that beside repaired from where that tow truck hit you?

8. THEGOLDPRO

lol no i pocketed the cash i was hurting this winter cause it doesnt snow in CT anymore. i was gonna have a friend who owns a body shop fix it for me this summer ill just add the bumper to the list lol.

9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Almost had that happen this last year in the highschool auto shop. Had a kid start a manual s10 so another kid could check something and the kid in the drivers seat put the truck in 2nd (didn't know stick shift neutral is side to side, not up and down) and pop the clutch. Luckily the wheel chocks killed the truck and it only moved forward about 8". If it left the lift it would have destoryed a workbench and the alignment machine.

Glad to hear no one was hurt and your getting your truck all fixed.

10. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

ouch at least you got a good sense about it and didnt lose your head. as they say shat happens.:drinkup:

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

the only thing i get with my oil change is one of those stickers tellin me when to come back...:cool:

12. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

That stinks

was he apoligetic?

13. THEGOLDPRO

well im a good customer so they give me alittle extra :)

14. Up North

Up North Senior Member

dang lucky someone wasn't standing in front of the truck. Bet that kid is now asking "would you like fries with that"? :D

Buck

15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Most people with dodges are.:D At least no one got hurt.

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is that all Jackie gives you?

17. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

lol burn :nod:

18. THEGOLDPRO

lol why you gotta be like that :)

19. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

illl take her oil changes anyday....and the sticker telln me when to come back is the best part:drinkup:

20. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You taught us well GP.:drinkup: