1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck is loud now!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well I put true duals on my truck about a month ago now. I was running crappy Summit brand mufflers. Well I got on my high horse and got new wones on Sunday. Got the new Flowmaster Super 44 series. Holy crap are these things loud!!!! Sounds friggin awesome though. They are the loudest muffler they make now. I would def. recommend them to anyone looking to do true duals, replace a stock muffler with some sound!!!

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good deal, hopefully your plow customers like it too.:drinkup:

3. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

nice.

just wondering though because i have seen a few plow trucks running duals coming out under the rear bumper......
    i back into things plowing occasiionally. mostly ice banks. denting bumper in.... what are the odds of those making it through the season? are they sticking out from under your bumper or recessed in a little?
    sounds cool just wondering if anyone has crushed them. my truck is low so im pretty sure i would

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

My 98 doesn't have a dent in the bumper, look where your going.

5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

loud pipes would go over good with the hotels i plow in the middle of the night

6. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i do at first. then by the fifth pass i start guessing. "i should stop right about......NOW"

USUALLY, its just a snow bank behind me. but on occasion it could be Ice, filled with stones, have a tree stump in it etc. last season a rockwall jumped out behind my truck. never saw it coming.: ran right out behind me. angel:

7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

when I got duals I got side exits just so I couldnt screw up the tips

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Damn rock walls. LOL

9. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

They exit at a 45 degree angle behind the rear tires. I never have messed up any of my trucks' duals systems, either straight out the back or at the 45 like I have now. Ive never had a complaint about the loudness of the truck. I had a flowmaster single exhaust on last winter too. Everyone waas glad because they heard me there plowing so they knew they could get out for work in the morning. Im not the only guy around here with a loud plow truck either.

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My 98 doesn't have any dents either.:D

I have my exhaust dumped before the rear axle. Comes out of the mufflers into 2 turndowns. Nothing to bend up or smash at the back of the truck. And I think it gives a cleaner look.

12. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

What could look cleaner than two 5" Chrome pipes?

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually their single chamber race series mufflers are the loudest they make...

WHAT??!! CAN YOU HEAR ME TOM!!!??? :D

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Dual 5" chrome pipes? What do you have under your hood?
    I'm running 2- 2.25" pipes and its plenty.

Older picture, missing the cb whips and lightbar.
    [​IMG]

Nice and clean, no pipes to rust.

15. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Sorry, typo, I only meant 4"

16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Okay Mike, outside of those mufflers, the 44's are the loudest, even over the 40 series delta flows..........Whhhhaaaaatttttt??????? I cant hear you!!!!!:p

17. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I gotta agree with Mark here I love having my exhaust dumped right after the cheery bomb turbo mufflers it looks so much cleaner and i am not spending so much time trying to keep the tips clean.

18. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I have a Borla duel rear exit cat-back on my 98 ECSB Z71. Its a good sounding system and I got it for a steal about 7 years ago.

My 98 SCLB K3500 still has the factory exhaust. I'm thinking about just replacing the muffler instead of doing the cat back thing with it. I'm thinking of using a duel 3" in and single 3" out Magnaflow muffler. Anyone have any other suggestions on something that sounds good but won't lose any low end torque?

Wayne

19. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i have mine dumped before the axle, but i plan on running side exhaust here soon.

but i have a big enough rear bumper i cant dent it haha if i hit anything hard enough it just breaks the bolts holding it to the frame..been there done that....i swear that tree moved up 10ft but whatever!

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you don't mind just a hint of interior drone at 2000-2500 rpm, go with the Magnaflow. Nice sound, but not obnoxiously loud...even on the 7.4's. :nod: