1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck/equipment

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by gman75, Jan 16, 2011.

1. gman75

gman75 Junior Member
    from ohio

hello,

I'm 16 years old and i have 8 accounts. My truck is a 1998 F-150 ext. cab 4x4.
    I run a toro single stage and a craftsman dual stage. I'd like to have an actual plow
    rig by next snow season. If summer/spring/fall goes well, i plan on buying a true
    work truck that will plow in the winter and pull trailer in the other months. I'm a hard
    worker who likes a challenge.

thanks!

P1060103.jpg

P1060104.jpg

P1060106.jpg

P1060107.jpg

P1060108.jpg

2. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

good job! keep it up. You remind me of my younger borther, at 16 he started cutting lawns, bought himself an f250 then some commercial walk behinds and now has an enclosed trailer. He just put a 8' plow on his truck and is now plowing with me. Never has to borrow money and is years ahead of any of his friends.

Starting young is the way to go, when I bought my house most of my friends were still living at home.

3. gman75

gman75 Junior Member
    from ohio

thanks man i forgot to mention, everything from truck to shovels is paid off. i'll take this job over mcdonalds any day. i can see the difference between my friends and i already.

4. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

keep it up bro, great start, and best of luck man.

5. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

best of luck man! keep up the good attitude and you can go far!

6. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

Im 16 too I wish I could drive. Pretty weird but I have the same snowblower just the smaller model no real need I live in jersey so we don't get great amounts of it. The snowblower is a ******* beast. Never bogs down does the trick and the price was great. What state do you live in I wish I could drive. I have to wait another year

7. Mikemat31

Mikemat31 Member

btw I also have close to 10 residential accounts hopefully I will be able to get a small plow on my truck when I get it. Something that helped me was vistprint.com they sell business cards for very cheap buy some holders go to busy places in town chinese food places cafes post office if you have a local nursing home its a gold mine. Almost everyone there is old and they love seeing young kids. just a tip

8. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Good job man keep it up!

9. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

hey low overhead = more profit!

10. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

You have the right idea have no loans and pay for your stuff with cash it will take longer but it is so worth it.

11. gman75

gman75 Junior Member
    from ohio

Thanks for the comments everyone!

12. gman75

gman75 Junior Member
    from ohio

I'm in ohio. I feel for you, before i got my license, my business was limited because i obviously had no transportation. Were on the same page cuz i already bought 2500 business cards from vistaprint. That site is great. I've been meaning to do what you said i just haven't got to it yet. I for sure will be puting cards in those places before grass season.

13. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i started ot with a shovel in the back of my dads ranger...my parents used to drive me around to all my lawns...i now have a 2500HD that i bought in april and i just put an 8' plow on it. keep up the hard work and you'll go far

14. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

Try overnightprints.com they have great prices

15. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Nice equipment, you seem to be doing well for yourself. Keep up the good work and it will all payoff. Good luck this winter.