1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Truck Breaks, I use this

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by firstclasslawn, Dec 6, 2005.

1. My Truck is getting a new intake manifold gasket so I got to use this last night! IT WAS AWESOME, man the power is nice and it pushed sooo much snow. Too bad I can't get the owner to sell it. Its a 2002 3500 Duramax 4x4. 8'6" Western, WITH ONLY 6,000 MILES!

image0002.jpg

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

thats an awsome truck, i used to have an 2001 with a meyer. awsome plow trucks thats for sure.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I thought that was your dad's truck. :confused:

4. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

5. go plow

go plow Senior Member

thats a nice guy to let you use that truck??? but what did he plow with???

6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Not a bad ride, Jon. You should have put your magnets on it though. That thing got a back blade or a spreader?

7. He doesnt plow anything but his

He only plows his own driveway, so I did it for hiim.....NOpe no backblade or spreader.......but man it pushes in big lots, and it sure beats a shovel! I keep trying to buy it from him, but he wont sell it cause of the 1000 miles a year he puts on it:gunsfiring:

8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

1000 miles a year?

What a waste of a Duramax. :(

Looks like it would be light in the back end w/o a spreader or weight in the bed.

9. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Tell him if he gives it to you at a fair price, you can drive the 1000 miles a year for him :drinkup:

10. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Why did he buy such a huge, new truck to only drive 1,000 miles per year? I agree what a waste of an awesome plow truck!

11. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

why only an 8'6 plow?

12. Well

Well, this guy has lots of money! and i already tried the I'll pull the kubota twice a year! nope, no luck.....as for the 8.5 plow, I'm with you guys, i was thinking that a 10ft would be nice, or a 9'2" boss V, but heres the story on the truck.......It sat on the local dealers lot for over a year with a $43,xxx price tag and nobody would touch it. My friend went in there with a newspaper ad from Dodge that said he could get a dodge, dump bed with plow for 28,000........he told the dealer he would give them $28,000 for the truck.......they said 35,000 he said no.........so he went home and as he walked in his door the dealer called and gave him the truck for 28,000 (with a plow already!) so yup.......and no, the back isn't light, that dump bed is really heavy. But if it was my truck i would put some weight back there!