1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck and V

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Quality SR, May 10, 2008.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys, I sold my plow ( Boss 8' SD Straight Blade) and bought a V. The plow is a 8'2" Boss poly V. I got a hell of a deal on it, so i sold mine and bought this. Here are some pictures. The first ones are of the V in the bed of my truck. I had to drive out of state to buy it and it took 7 of use to load it in my truck.

V in Bed.jpg

V in bed 2.jpg

2. Quality SR

The next two are pictures of the plow on a pallet. I had to take the plow off my truck all by my self. I slid the v off half way on to the pallet. Then thought i would pull forward then slide off more. But when i tilted the v off the truck, it slid right off. Some hydro oil dripped out being that it was siting in the truck the way it was. And it was slippery, it almost killed me, lol

v on pallet.jpg

v on pallet 3.jpg

3. Quality SR

The V came with the New cutting edges with curb guards.

pallet new curb.jpg

4. Quality SR

Here are 2 more of the cutting edges, this time with the blade right side up.

cutting edge.jpg

cutting edge 2.jpg

5. Quality SR

Here are 2 pictures of the V hooked up to my truck. Once i got the V on the pallet( seen in picture) i that to then flip it. I hurt my back and leg trying to get this in the truck,and i was by my self. I had the wife with me, so i had to put her to work. I tied a rope around the hitch, and around the A frame and had he drive forward as i helped the V turn over to the right side. When i did that, the left side of the blade was up on the curb. I broke my A$$ to hook the truck up to it. I was only able to get the passenger side pin to engage. I raise the v, backed up, and set it down on to level ground. Then engaged the driver side pin. :dizzy: What a Day. Not to mention, while picking up the V i locked my keys in the car, and i was 3 1/2 hours away from my spare set. Likely i left the driver window open just enough to use a stick to hit the unlock button. LOL. Here are some pictures of the V hooked up to my truck.

v hooked up.jpg

v hooked up 2.jpg

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  6. Quality SR

And lastly, here are 2 pictures of the V on my truck. Sorry for the quality these are camera phone pictures, No zoom.

v on truck 1.jpg

v distant shot.jpg

v distant shot 2.jpg

7. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

looks like a nice upgrade!!! If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the plow? once you use the V you will wonder how you ever plowed with a straight blade.

8. Quality SR

Thanks Abe for the comments. Ya, i really killed my self last year with out it. I bought the V complete with Mount, wiring and handheld, for...... $2,000

9. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Dang that is a good buy. Around here ive seen people try to sell old beat up rusty rt1 V plows for close to that.

10. Quality SR

Tell me about it. Thats why i bought it LOL. I didnt think it had the new cutting edges, but it does so that is a plus.

11. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Heack of a buy! Ya gonna give her a nice coating of FF?

Neighbors musta thought you were crazy putting on a plow.:D

12. Quality SR

Thanks Kev. Well as far as fluid film goes, i think the plow got a nice coating of hydro fluid while in transport, so did the truck. :realmad: Ill save the fluid Film until next year. Nothing will stick to this plow anytime soon. It is funny you said that. The neighbors were out watching me, lol. I also took the truck for a ride that turned alot of heads.lol

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Truck and plow look great Q...

Guess everyone agrees with me that you practically stole it from the previous owner .:D

14. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

very nice buy!! I'd like to sell mine and get a V as well.

15. Quality SR

Thanks B&B. It sure was a steel. ;)

16. Quality SR

At first i wasnt going too, I was just going to keep the one i have and Mod. it a little. But this came up and i couldnt resist.

17. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I myself had to do a double take the other day, on my way to a school golf match, I saw a truck with a plow on. It was a ways away, but I looked again, and sure enough, a Curtis on the front of a Chevy.

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice plow and truck

19. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Reminds me of the time I drove an F350 with a V-box and a 8.5 Unimount to a 4th of July party last year (had nothing else to drive that day!). Got some strange looks when I arrived. They thought it was part of some gag or something...

....or they just assumed I was senile. :D

20. Quality SR

LOL. that is funny. That sounds like something I would do.