1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck and the backhoe

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AWLCO, Mar 5, 2008.

1. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

I don't use the truck much anymore, the kitty is more fun anyway. Pics from today's ice/sleet/snow storm. 1/2" of ice, and about 1 1/2" snow on top. Long night.

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice set up you got there
  3. OakhillsSnowdiv

OakhillsSnowdiv Member
    from mass

sweet backhoe man, i like that style box smart idea
  4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for the pics.
    like the equipment.
  5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

6. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

I wish the cat was mine, I run it for a friend as a sub contractor. It's a really heavy machine so it pushes nicely. The pusher started life as a 10' heavy plow, my friend bought it off the guy who turned it into a pusher. It's works well but it's HEAVY. I have to drive about 4 miles to plow another lot and the machine bounces like crazy.
  7. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

the weather was way different out here in Central New York(30 miles east of Syracuse) didn't get any of the snow, freezing rain or 3/4 of ice the weatherman predicted, it didn't get cold enough as they thought it would, rain all night, all snow is gone and its a muddy/watery mess
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice looking equipment
  9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice Equipment
  10. Bibbo

Bibbo Senior Member

nice equipment.. i love that cat i bet its great to drive. what kind of plow is on your truck? did you make the wings?
  11. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Yeah the cat is a nice machine. my plow is a plain old 8' unimount with modified pro wings.
  12. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

what size CAT is it? 416?
  13. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

awesome CAT you have there. just wondering how that pushes in deep/heavy snow? looking into getting something a little bigger to do larger lots and am debating between a large CAT back hoe or a CAT wheel loader. im leaning more toward the back hoe because it would be more usefull for me the rest of the year that the snow is gone because of its digging capabilities...
  14. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Once you plow with a loader you will never want to plow with anything else again. Much better visability, steering, comfort. But if you do have use for it in the summer you would be better off with the backhoe. I plowed with a 710 John Deere for 2 years and now run a 950 or 938.
  15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice man....when u where pushing snow, it was 68 here in jersey!:rolleyes:
  16. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

It's a 420D. It's not terrible in deep snow because it is heavier than most backhoe's, but a loader is always a better snow machine. TLS, those pics were taken about 24 hours ago.