1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Truck and Stainless Sno-Way

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lynden-Jeff, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

Just thought I would post up some pics of my setup for this year. Running an 04 F250 with 6.0L Diesel and an 07 8' Stainless snoway with DP. Also running a Curtis Spreader.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Jeff

2. Lynden-Jeff

Couple more,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will post up some pics of the plow on the truck and some action pics soon.

Thanks

3. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Nice setup- do they (the law) make you take off the blue beacon in the summer? Laws around here say you can only have a blue beacon on a snow plow vehicle so we have to change to amber in the summer:dizzy:

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice set up you got there.

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Good looking truck. Speaking of the law, do you leave you license plate on the rear bumper all winter? We usually remount them onto the spreader, if not the cops will be pulling us over.

6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice rig. Plow looks sweet.

I can't believe blue lights are allowed anywhere. You are never allowed to have a blue light on a personal vehicle here. Amber and white only. I'm going to put mostly white strobes on my truck. I wish I could have a couple blues and to think I'm a cop too.....:rolleyes:

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

its about time LOL hahahaha nice truck man everything looks soooo new :D

8. Lynden-Jeff

Well it is stated that blue is for snow plows only so no one around here uses them for summer use, I'm sure they wouldn't bother us though.

Ive been warned by other guys about this however I'm going to wait until I actually get pulled over and then I will move it, can't be bothered to right now.

Well around here cops don't have blue lights so we aren't really impersonating anything. Here flashing white will get you a giant ticket.

Cheers
    Jeff

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice truck and plow, I guess its because of the camera flash but you lettering really seems to stand out.

10. Lynden-Jeff

That and it is reflective aswell. It is actually really cool to have it stand out.

Cheers
    Jeff

11. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Jeff your lettering is great, if you could give me any information you have on color or reflection type and so on. I have a dark blue F350 and am looking to do something along those lines but have been looking for a vibrant green with such great reflecting ability as that!

12. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

Most people that do vinyl will offer a reflective layer for a little bit more. You can get from a very low level reflective material all the way up to police reflective if you want to pay for it. Mine is in the middle of the road and the entire vinyl job went for around $550 CDN including the tailgate which isn't really shown.

Cheers
    Jeff

13. NLS1

NLS1 Senior Member

Wow, love that truck lettering, I've never seen one reflective like that, perfect for winter when it gets dark so early. Truck looks great too. How do you like the spreader?
    I have been holding off on the lettering on my new dodge, but that gives me a great idea.
    That is what I will have to do, only wih my logo of course!
    Great pics!

14. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

I like the spreader quite a bit. Seems to work well, bit of a pia to load compared to a V. The reflective is nice, it isnt to bright in direct light but is plenty bright with indirect light.

Cheers
    Jeff

15. J&D

J&D Member

nice truck, have you had any problem with the 6.0.

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Ya, especially at night when your plowing!

17. Lynden-Jeff

Hey,

A bunch but I still love the truck. Now that all the updates have been applied (new turbo, EGR cooler, gaskets) it runs great. I think the last owner was a little hard on the truck aswell. All was done under warrentee.

Cheers
    Jeff

18. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Sweet setup! Gotta love the SnoWay's! Love the lettering & the blue light. We can only run Amber for plowing down here, but I run Blue for the FD and nothing is more visible in all conditions, IMO. Happy Winter!!

19. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Looks great Jeff! happy plowing this year. i think we're expecting snow next week! actual accumulation. haha.
    Good luck, Bud!
    -Mike