1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck and S250

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ALarsh, Dec 31, 2007.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

I rented a Bobcat S250 for this last storm we just got to see how useful they actually are in the snow. It had tons of power for pushing the banks and piles back, but I can't decide how fast it can move snow with the little bucket. Oh well here are the pics.

truck and skid 1.JPG

truck and skid 3.JPG

truck and skid 4.JPG

2. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

wow, when we rented the bobcat w/ open cab it was raining... i can just imagine how it was while snowing!

3. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

that's gotta be cold! Did you trailer it around?

4. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Not running the boss wings anymore?

5. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

how long did you rent it

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

You need a cab w/ heat & either a plow or box blade for it..........plowing with a bucket sux. JMO

7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

That S250 looks good parked there, you should just keep it!

8. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

It wasn't too bad without the cab. I did my route plowing in the truck and then I went back around the next day pushing the piles back and doing clean up stuff. I plowed a couple driveways with it just to see how it would do and how useful the bucket would be plowing.

No trailering... I have about 65 driveways all in my neighborhood so I just drove it down the road.

I didn't run the boss wings this snow storm because I wanted to be able to push the banks back which the boss wings don't do that well. In future snow storms the wings will go back on.

I rented it for the weekend and put 8 hours of run time on it.

Yeah plowing with the bucket pretty much sucked but I kinda assumed that. It wasn't too bad and was useful in the circle drives and moving the piles around. It's amazing the kind of power it has!

The reason I rented it was to see how useful it would be. It worked great but I don't think I could keep it busy enough with school and my current shedule in the summer. A great piece of equipment though.

Thanks for the comments.

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Put a 96" snow bucket on her especially for driveways. Cheaper than a plow or pushbox and can be used in the summer for mulch or whatever. Just bought another one for the new machine a 297B HUGE power. $1,150 for a Virnig w/bolt on edge.

10. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck and machine

11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Damn, that must have been cold!! Looks nice though sitting with your truck!