1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck and plow.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by VBR, Oct 26, 2008.

1. VBR

VBR Member

Well guys i joined this site about a week ago, so i figured i would post a few pics of the old battle axe.

Truck is a mostly stock 2006 Ford F150 XLT
    5.4 with tow package
    2'' Skyjacker leveling kit with heavy duty springs
    Extang Trifecta tonneau cover
    Cobra CB
    Kenwood 7'' Touchscreen DVD with blutooth, xm (for hockey), sirius( for football), and iPod integration.

Plow is a Western Standard Ultramount- soon to be upgraded to NIghthawk lights.

P.S. When can i PM, i thought it was after 10 posts.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

after ten day on being a member and ten posts

Nice plow!!
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck and plow.
  4. willofalltrades

willofalltrades Member

nice Kenwood! I want that for my Fusion (I drive to a skid steer to plow lol)
  5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice set-up, welcome to plow site:waving:
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

nice rig. also a very nice indash unit. i dont spend enough time in the truck to make one of those worth while. some music, news radio / weather is good for me while plowing
  7. VBR

VBR Member

Thanks! I am in my car alot so use the hell out of it, and if i ever get stuck in a snowbank i can watch a movie.:eek:
  8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Not likley. I just got rid of My 06 F-150........That thing was a snowman's dream. Only problem I had was it couldn't handle a full size plow. Did you beef up the front end or say screw it to the manual?
  9. VBR

VBR Member

hahaha its my little 1/2 ton that thinks its a 3/4. I put a skyjacker 2'' lift in the front to offset sag and added some heavy duty springs.
  10. RepoMan207

from Maine

nice. I once hauled a kuboto from York, PA to Sebago Lake, ME......all stock. I hardley knew it was there until I was going across the GW and Cross Bronx Expwy (had to get on the brakes a little. Forgot I didn't have electric trailer brakes equipped) opps! No harm no foul though. Great trucks.
  11. RepoMan207

from Maine

a few snaps of my ole girl. Thats right after we got back.

sarahs camera 141.jpg

sarahs camera 140.jpg
  12. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

hey, i have an 04 f150 with the crew and i was wondering how much it cost to add the sky jacker kit and if you did it yourself, how hard it was?
  13. VBR

VBR Member

I pull a 7,000lbs car trailer a couple times a week in the summer and i have never had a problem with the old girl

$300 installed plus alignment
  14. plowman_25

plowman_25 Member

thats not a bad price...does that include te heavier springs too?

i have been thinking about going that way with my truck....i'm just a little worried about the weight though. how does the truck handle the plow, and have you had to do any extra maintinence or anything due to the plow?

could you post a pic of the truck with the blade up some time...thanks:D
  15. VBR

VBR Member

That did not include the springs. You can hardly tell the plow is on there, and it looks completely stock with the plow up. I will post pics tomorrow if it is not raining.
  16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice little setup you got there
  17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member