1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My truck.. '02 GMC 2500HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Hellbent.HD, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

Sorry about the poor quality guy's. I took these with my camera/cell phone today at work.
    I finally had a chance to clean it, and wanted to get a few shots before i drove it home and made a mess of it again.:D

I plan on taking more once the weather calms down and i can keep it clean for more than 10 minutes.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  2. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

It's funny. This is my first new vehicle, and these are the first pics i've taken of it...
    those are the 'winter' rim's, i have American racing Baja's for the summer.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  3. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I take it you are running BFGoodrich All-Terrain TA KO's, that what they look like in the pics correct me if I am wrong.
  4. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

Your right.
    When i picked up the truck, the first thing i did was change the stock 245's to 265's Goodrich's.
    It had about 100 miles on it. A friend works a a dealer and reprogrammed the computer.

I'm putting 285's on the summer wheels.
    I bought a Hypertech programmer, so at least i can change the computer myself now.

5. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Looks great, keep up the good work.
    The reason I could tell what they were (even though the lettering was blurry) is that I could make out the All-Terrain TA :D
    The plow is an 8' isn't it.
  6. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

I can't wait til the weather brakes. I want to put the wheels and tires back on, and make new exhaust for it. Nobody make's what i want for it, so i gotta do some fabricating.

I was wondering how you could tell what tires it had.
    they do have a pretty distinct letering style though.

The plow is actually a 7 1/2. I do mostly residential, and have always had good luck with that size, so when i bought this one, i just kept it the same. Not that 8' is much bigger though.
    Thanks again,
  7. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Put some dual exaust on it then do some others that you might wanna do. 7 1/2 is enough for residentils anyway. The reason I got a 9' was because I plow side streets for my town, they just go threw and sand them, and plus when you meets a plow truck on a small side road it doesn't give you enough room to move. That black must be hard to keep clean isn't it.
  8. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

Oh yeah, it's a job in itself to keep clean. But i try hard to keep it that way. Normally it gets washed once a week.
    I'm a mechanic, and at lunch time i pull it inside the shop and wash it.
    I'll tell ya how crazy i am with it, it will NEVER go through a car wash just because i don't want swirl marks.
    But thats what i wanted when i went looking for one, so i deal with the extra labor.

As far as exhaust, I'm getting a flowmaster muffler, probably an american thunder .
    The muffler only has 2.5" outlets, and there too small for me. I'm going to cut the outlets off, and weld on 3.5 outlets, and fab the rear pipes to exit on both side's like the factory one does on the pass side out of stainless elbows and straight's.
    I've done it this way on hot rods, so this ought to be fairly easy.
    Just make straight cuts and tig it together.
    It should look pretty wild from the rear, and sound the part too (i hope).
    The only other thing i'll do to the outside is a steel cowl hood of some sort. I havn't decided what one yet..i'm in no hurry.

A 9' plow is one big sucker thats for sure! Thats got to work great for side streets.

9. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I hope the exaust works and sounds good for ya :)
    I think your truck will look good when your done with it :D

The only time my truck gets cleaned is when the roads are dry and clean, I take it to the carwash and do it myself.

So far this year I have gone threw 2 cutting edges, I am on my 3rd right now, I keep busy plowing :D Plus I plow the slush off the main roads that the plow trucks don't get.

Yea the 9' works real well for side roads, 2 passes on one road and it is clear :D I do some driveways but not many like 5-6 thats it, mostly family and friends.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2004
  10. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

I guess if i didn't have an outlet to clean it, it wouldn't get done like it does.

Man, third cutting edge!! Wow, i'm lucky if i replace mine every few years.
    I think i changed the one on my old truck once every 5 or 6 years. They diffinately don't get as much of a beating doing residential.
    Keeping busy plowing is what it's all about when it comes right down to it, especially when that's your main business. And it cirtainly sounds like you do that.

You gotta pay for these rigs somehow

Thanks again, i do appreciate the compliment..
    Keep on rollin' and good luck this year!!

11. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't have my own business it is just me. The Road Commish asked me if I would plow the side roads for the town, I took up the offer, there are 3 other town trucks that plow the roads as well.
  12. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

Hell man, "just me" can still be a business as far as i'm concerned.
    You go out, you work, you get paid...
    Very low overhead, and less headaches :D

sounds good to me.

13. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I love new trucks, your cell/camera phone isn't bad either, good thing to keep handy while plowing incase of an accident :(

Let hope that never happens :nod:
  15. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

Thanks guy's.

Eyesell, i never even thought of that. I hope it dosn't happen either though.

16. CUSTM1500HD

CUSTM1500HD Junior Member

17. Hellbent.HD

Hellbent.HD Member

No problem at all...

Man you bust me up!!:D
    (inside joke)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2004
  18. TONY615

TONY615 Junior Member