1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My treadwright experience

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by badbowtie, Nov 9, 2015.

1. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I just want to share my experience with treadwright tires
    I ordered 6 tires on November 1st and called them to check on the status, on November 3rd I was told they would contact me later on the 3rd and let me know if they even had 6 matching cases with no white letters on either side. Never heard from them and waited until the 5th and tried to call about 10 times and just kept getting voicemail for shipping department but if you hit the extension for new order they answer no problem but can't tell you anything. So I tried again on the 6th called about 20 times all before noon to never get anything but voicemail and no calls back at all. About noon fedex pulled up my driveway with all 6 tires. I looked over the tires and didn't look too bad, two of them had patches already inside and not sure why. I went ahead and tried to mount them all on the 7th, I got 5 mounted with no problems and as soon as the bead seated on the 6th tire I noticed I had air leaking, flipped tire over to find a cut in the sidewall. So I took pictures and filed a warranty claim on their site. I tried to call them all day on the 9th about 30-35 times to never get a hold of the warranty department just all voicemail. But of course customer service to place a order answeres everytime nice and quick. I finally told a lady at customer service extension right before they closed I was tired of the B.S and wanted someone on the phone now. She went and found someone and told me all day they have reviewed the claim yet someone tomorrow will call me to let me know if claim is approved. I mean really if approved it has a slice in sidewall and tires has zero miles on it. I also said I needed a tire next day aired to get this truck back on the road and was told that was not a option it would take 4-6 days for shipping. I honestly have no faith in them actually calling tomorrow I have been calling and leaving messages for 3 business days and never heard back, their message actually says someone will return call within one business day. Just keep this headache in mind.

treadwrighttire.jpg

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Wow...... Just wow!!!!

3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

what do these tires cost? is the savings that great over a brand new tire? what is the savings per tire? what does the tread look like? i'd like to see other pics of the tires.

it's bad enough they sell a tire with this kind of obvious defect, but your experience with their customer service is atrocious and unacceptable.

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You're the guy who mentioned in an earlier thread that you had Duratracs before, but didn't want to spend the money on them this time. Correct? Lesson learned I guess.

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Bad experience, these are re-molds right? I tried some years ago, one set wore out fast, second set dropped off, I took them to get mounted, tire place would not touch them. There was something wrong where bead was.

6. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

Yes I am the one that didnt want to spend the money on duratracs again. I saved almost 700 dollars on retreads verse the duratracs but figured I would share my experience. Hopefully we get snow and once I start working the truck a couple snow falls I will be looking to get rid of these tires.

treadwrighttire2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Besides all the BS you've had to deal with so far the tread pattern looks pretty good.

Why are you going to get rid of them, you probably won't get much for the used so why not wear the out.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Wow 100 phone calls over some retreads that :gasp: arent perfect? Shocker

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

oh, so a leaking gash in the sidewall should be accepted from a company selling a retreaded tire? yeah, you can't fill it with air, but what did you expect when you bought the tire? did you actually plan to use it??? :dizzy:

anyway, so it was a $700 savings buying these over the duratracs? how many tires did you buy? what is retail on one brand new duratrac in the size you need versus the cost of one of these retreads? I don't understand how the savings could be so huge unless maybe you bought like 12 tires, or the retreads sell for like $50 a piece.

10. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Surprised to hear you had the communication problems. I have always dealt with online, so no phone experience. From my past dealings over 10 yrs I've been very happy. I hope they take care of you. Be sure to update us.

I know they expanded and relocated to Houston, might be growing pains or a downward trend!

11. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I've heard nothing but good things about these tires in the past. I tried to buy a set last year and sent them an email asking some questions. I never heard back from them. So I purchased new tires locally. Still would like to try a set but they sure need to get their act together if they want to remain in business.

12. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

I did buy 6 of them and with the Halloween discount they were 71 each. And the duratracs were 198.00 each local plus tax and mount. I mounted the treadwrights buy hand my self and didnt have tax.

So I finally get a hold of someone today after 20 failed attempts I finally pushed one like i was going to order and asked straight for supervisor and was told I would recieve call right back and what surprised some lady called and I asked if it could be shipped today so I would have friday again she verified all my info name and address and email and all that. I then asked when I would receive tracking info she said within a couple minutes. I checked email and couldnt believe I had a pdf invoice I opened it and it even had tracking number and then noticed had right name but wrong address not even the correct state. I tried to call real quick and of course they were closed. I then received info from fedex and it also says right name wrong address. So now spend all day tomorrow trying to call again tomorrow to explain the tire will be 7 hours from me will be fun. This is unbelievable a company likes this stays in business. Or I just have the worst luck.

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I bought a set of them a few years ago, but I bought the ones that were a full remold with their name on the sidewalls as well, they were heavy as hell, took an almost comical amount of weight to balance them, after a few months the sidewalls began to dry rot, I emailed the claims depth with pics and they sent me 4 new tires with minimal hassle,

I ran the original tires until they were wore out and mounted the new set, the new set with my heavy truck and heavy towing wore out in record breaking time, I put maybe 10-12k on them and they look like racing slicks lol.

They worked for what they were, cheap tires, I will be replacing them with some real transforce tires however. Don't wanna have to replace tires every year.

14. PremierSnowPlow

PremierSnowPlow Senior Member

Ive always had good luck with TreadWright fortunately. The tires they sent me were always excellent and last me a fairly decent time for being retreads. I had a tire come apart on me and they sent one out next day, and to me within 2 days from when they sent it. Sorry to hear about your bad luck with them, I hope they make it right for you.

15. badbowtie

badbowtie Senior Member

Well I did get a a hold of some lady at treadwright yesterday and she said she was calling fedex to change the address and told me it was fixed. But as of right know the tracking number still says label created does not even show it in fedex position still and still says heading to PA I live in IN. I have posted two different things on there facebook page not being that bad just more of my actual experience and they keep deleting it. Go figure they dont want customers to read how my luck is going with them.