1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My transmission guy is clueless SOMEONE PLEASE HELP !!!!

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Dieselman19, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

OK so i am looking for ANY bit of help here. Last week i was snow plowing with my truck (2000 Ford F-350 4x4 diesel). When i went to leave the parking lot the truck wont shift from 2 to 3rd gear. so i pulled over and restarted the truck to see if that helped, it did nothing, i then brought the truck to a friend who is a mechanic, he looked it over and used his scan tool, the found a couple of codes related to the transmission. He then suggested that i bring it to a transmission shop becuase he didnt have alot of time to look at it more indepth. He said he tought it was something simple but we would know untill he pulled the pan. I then brought it to a tranmission shop who a friend recomended. The guy said he would call me a day or so, she he tells me that he found a lot of metal in the pan and i would need a complete rebuid, costing around $2200, I said of do it i need that the truck for work, so i got the truck back and drove it for 3 days and it started doing the same thing as i brought it in for. I called him and he said to get it to him right away. I had it towed to his shop. He called me and said when the truck got there it was fine and it shifted good. so i was frustered i told him to look it over agfain and to call me. He called me the next day and said one of the values looked like it may be sticking so he fixed, and i got the truck back... Now today i started plowing and it started shifting funny when the temp was around 150 degrees so when it after that it wouldnt shift from 2 to 3rd like before. I then called the guy and told him and he didnt know what to say, he is lost and im really frustered. So im asking for any help or suggestions, if any one is a tranny guy or knows someone i can pick there brain. I just dont want to have to give to truck to another tranmoission guy and pay again. So any Help would be wonderful, im desprate.

:confused:
    Thanks
    Bob Haak
    585 303 4813

2. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

I had a similar problem where my 99 F250 V10 was shifting poorly. I had to manually make the 1-2 shift, and the 2-3 shift was hard. I ended up having the solenoid block replaced, and that took care of the problem. I believe the code that was it was giving was 'shift B solenoid fault'. I've also been told the manual position sensor is prone to going bad as well. This is located on the shift arm that goes into the side of the tranny, and has a wiring harness attached to it.

Hope this helps
    Jason

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

try this site.

www.ford-trucks.com

scroll through the forums and you will find a section that will answer any Ford question you have