1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Tractor Set Up

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DeereFarmer, Oct 14, 2006.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

A lot of people have asked to see my tractor set up, so here it is. You need to have a quick attatch bucket. Two pins and two hydraulic lines, the bucket is off. Reverse the orfer to put on the plow, hook up the safety chain,. and you are ready to go. Takes all of 5 minutes. Not a minute mount, but I'll live for now. I have never used it, so i can;t wait for this winter.

1.JPG

2. DeereFarmer

Picture number two:

2.JPG

3. DeereFarmer

Last one. If anyone wants or needs to see anything else or has any questions, just let me know!

3.JPG

4. emayer23

emayer23 Senior Member

looks good kill two birds with one stone with the plow wnd bucket on the same tractor

5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

That is so sweet. I should convince my uncle who has a pretty good size tractor to throw a blade on it so we can really make some money.

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

bundle up its gonna be cold on that

7. PaleRider

PaleRider Senior Member

Nice!

That's a nice set-up! Good luck with it.

Palerider :gunsfiring:

8. DeereFarmer

Thanks everyone. It is the perfect size tractor for anything. Big enough to get real jobs done and small enough to have fun with. The blade seems small to me compared to my 7.5' as it is a 6', but what difference is 1.5' really going to do. It does get a little cold on there, but the engine keeps me pretty warm. I stacked with it all last year and didn't have a problem. I keep it inside, so I'll never have to get on it full of snow. The night before it snows I'll move it from it's shed into the heated garage to help a little.

9. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

nice set up, I have three kubota's similar to that, My newest one has a cab and heater on it. :) Thats the way to go, getting old and hate getting cold!!

10. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Do you have a cab for that? Looks pretty sweet except being cold.

11. Fin

Fin Junior Member

I have an 2005 JD3520 . I put a back blade on it and do small driveways in HOA developments. It kicks azz. I thought about a Curtis Cab and a blade like yours for it.

I did 16 hours straight on it during a storm last winter. I can't say I was ever so cold I could'nt take it. I just made sure I purchased some good cold weather gear. Biggest complaint I had was I needed to take a whiz more often than I expected from bouncing around. Otherwise very comfortable tractor and with the Hydro very productive. People talk about the cold and I say "If we were snowmobiling nobody would complain" .

When I priced the blade they were around $3k. Is that still the case or am I wrong. I still think about getting one.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  12. DeereFarmer

Yeah, the winter doesn't bother me. It is really not as cold as everyone says it is. Just a few sewatshirts, a hat, and a couple pairs of gloves and I can work all day and night. Bouncing around does get old after a while. I have to turn the snow yellow a lot too. As far as the price, I think $3k is right about what they are going for right now. I got mine part of the new package tractor package that included a ton of other extras. I looked for the write-up for the sale of the tractor and it is burried somewhere. I think $3000 (maybe a little lestt like $2600) installed should be able to get what you need.

13. Fin

Fin Junior Member

I think your 2600 is about right.

Each machine has it's +/- but I think a lot people overlook the versatility of these compact tractors. You can put something on both ends of these machines to move snow. Blades , buckets, plows, blowers etc.

I purchased a 2000 Dodge Dually and will be using that this winter but I intend to get the tractor on the job as well. At the least it will be loading the salter.

14. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

for those of you looking at using farm tractors for snow removal, they are incredible machines.

Our tractors can outpush a loader any day in speed, weight, etc...

However, I don't reccomend mounting a blade on your loader for commercial use. It is incredible hard on all the pins and mounts on the loader.tractor.

I reccomend a tool carrier, Horst makes one that works amazing. It is specifically made for this.
    http://www.horstwelding.com/snow_items.php?id=102

But for residential use, loader mount works great and is simpler.

15. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Does that plow come complete from Curtis to hook right up or did you have to fabricate that.

I have the same tractor and have been thinking of putting on a cab, plow, and snowblower

16. DeereFarmer

The plow comes like this from the factory. All that needed to be done was to weld the hook onto the loader cross member for the safety chain.