1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my tractor pic

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Acorn, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

here is what I drive. I extended the bucket from 6' to 8'6" (max allowable on road)

don't know if attached picture works first try at it

jd tractor 016.jpg

2. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

here is another angle

jd tractor 020.jpg

3. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

and one of my trucks (plow not attached)

jd tractor 015.jpg

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

awesome tractor. I bet that can move some piled up snow. I would think it would be tiring snowblowing backwards? Do you find yourself using the bucket more, or the snowblower?

5. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

blower is great for doing residentials right up to the garage. It is a little tiring on the back though. The bucket I use on driveways I can push straight in. Also use it at a 3 acre parking lot I do.

6. Doctordo

Doctordo Member

What size J.D. is that? is it a 5310?

7. Acorn

Acorn Senior Member

5410. 65 hp

I wish it was 5420 (4wd) although I haven't needed it yet

8. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

Acorn, Since it`s two-wheel drive how does it do on long pushes? Reason I ask is , I own a 4000 Ford (42hp) with a loader and have entertained thoughts of a pusher on the front. Its also two-wheeled drive. Do OK without chains? We have a big lot in town and if it gets ugly I can always put a heathouser on it.

9. MGardner

MGardner Senior Member

One other big thing, does it steer while pushing?