1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My tractor got a lung problem

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by augerandblade, Jan 25, 2009.

1. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

:realmad: Im wondering if anyone out there in snowland is using a Case IH tractor 08 year model 105 U has had a dealer shop repair on the problem of the honeycomb type air filter plugging up with snow. My cheap fix was to take a transport truck type mud flap and wrap it around the side and front of the airfilter,housing causing the air to be taken in through the screen on the opposite side of the grille. It seems to help about 90% as the snow has to make it past the suction of the cooling fan.Another snow removal company with I think its a 95U has the similiar problem. Case IH does not to the best of my knowledge have a repair procedure for this problem

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

How's the rest of the tractor besides that?

3. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Excellant!!!!!!!!!!!! its basically the same as a JX1100U [I think thats the model of the other one I got] The 105U is a Farmall brand why Case did that I dont know, might have something to do with McCormick name getting revived. 105 U is 90HP with a intercooler and the 1100 is 85 horse[i think] Both have left hand reverser and only two power shifts.Aa good pair of tractors for those super long shifts.However I had at one time a JD 6400 I think the other companys should copy the heating system that the tractor had..

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

They brought the Farmall brand back to help sales, after the MXM's made for so many unhappy custumers. Glad the Case is working well for you.