1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Toys

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by odd1or2even, Dec 23, 2009.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

Here's my toys we used in this weekends large snow storm by Philadelphia.

04 GMC 2500 w. 8'2" Boss V
    03 F150 w/ Meyers 7'6" Straight
    Kubota Front End Loader with back blade
    Ariens 7HP 24" snow blower

Not pictured 03 Honda 350cc Rancher ATV (just bought 50" blade for it)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

That Kubota looks like a chilly ride.

3. odd1or2even

Ohhh it is! Had the Ford stuck and the GMC couldn't pull it out because of ice, and I had to drive a mile in the snow storm with 20+ MPH winds to get to the site to pull the truck back onto the driveway. Oh well.. stuff happens. Then there was a coffee break after wards to get thawed out :)

4. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice set up

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice equipment dude.

6. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet stuff!

7. ATV Plow King

ATV Plow King Senior Member

Lovin the GMC with the Boss V. It looks knarley.

8. Mr.Weave

Mr.Weave Junior Member

hows the f150 plow?

I have a f150 supercrew myself, and was thinking about putting a plow on it. Does the front end squat alot with the meyers on it?? How does it plow??

9. coral

coral Senior Member

you need a flap over the center of the boss v....

10. odd1or2even

Thanks guys for the comments! Of course this was after I sprayed everything down to reduce the salt/brine on everything to rot the steel.

The super-crew plows fine with regular amounts of snow. It was pushed surely when we were plowing 18 or so inches of snow. So we ended up busting out the snow with the inverted V and do 2-3 passes on the drive, then the Ford would come in and clean up and the shoveler would clean the garage doors while I'm on number two or three driveway.

The Ford does sit down a bit in the front (as does every truck). Just throw some weight in the bed and you'll be fine. If you take care of the truck when plowing, minimal wear and tear will be common. I haven't needed to replace anything on the trucks yet to date and after 3 years of plowing with the Ford that's GREAT!

11. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

nice to see another super crew...i jsut put a 7.6 western on mine this season and was a little hesitiate....but my friend that drove it said it did an awesome job with the 18 or so inches...mine is lifted 6 inches and only squats about 3/4 of an inch tops...ill try to find some pix