1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My town DPW truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by gmcsierra1500, Feb 26, 2008.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Heres the truck I run for the town when im not plowing in my 1/2 ton sierra, 2007 Sierra classic 3500 with a 8' 6" western pro plus, also some pictures of a pile I made, stacking snow and following a state DOT truck

P2220065.jpg

P2220066.jpg

P2220067.jpg

1231070852.jpg

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice piles

3. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Sharp looking truck! Is there no markings on it identifying it as a DPW truck?

4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Sweet truckwesport

5. 160ClassBuck

160ClassBuck Member
    from WI

Nice Truck!

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

Looks like no DPW markings, they might do what the mass dot does .All the plows run in a convoy while plowing highways two state trucks one at each end all marked up with dot lights/signs symbols and then just have all the sub contractors run between them with no special markings just a beacon.

7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

im chris' buddy, live in somers also. It is a town owned truck, not sure why there are no markings, but i know that the town does own it, it's not a sub's truck

8. yancy

yancy Senior Member

Good looking truck!

9. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Nice truck. Yah my town has a chevy 2500 durtymax that they use for just about everything, for the first few years they had it, it never had markings on it, just a amber strobe on top you just knew it was village owned truck. The gigantic 9ft HD fisher with sno-foil that is on it during the winter complements it very well.

10. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

No markings

Thanks for the compliments, I love running this truck, im the yongest in the DPW and for some reason lucked out with getting the newest truck! Yeah there are no markings on it or any of the other 3 town owned DPW pickups, also both our Superduty dumps arnt marked but all the trucks are red and the dumps have yellow dump beds, All the 6 wheel dumps we have are red with yellow dump beds and are marked.

11. yancy

yancy Senior Member

same with us the only thing marked for the town I work for is the dump truck. thats the way most towns around here are.

12. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

thats odd here every town owned truck is lettered up and even the plows are custom painted with the town logo right on the blade!