1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Toro Blowers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by WIPensFan, Nov 22, 2011.

1. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

This is all my blowers except for 2( ones on site, ones at home ). Bigger orange is Simplicty 1032, it's pretty old but hasn't been used much.

The pictures of the 2 Toros side by side shows how much larger the new 4 strokes are compared to the 2 strokes. They are 10 lbs heavier and it's noticable! I only bought 1 new 4 stroke because I only trust myself to not put mixed gas in it ( and I'm not 100% confident in myself always:dizzy: ). I'm not happy they switched to 4 stroke engines, but I guess they had to.

All blowers.jpg

Blowers side to side.jpg

Overhead blowers.jpg

2. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Yes, they finally started putting those large handles on the pull cords! Or did you purchase those separately?

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

How do you like the 4 strokes? I was looking at a pair of new Honda's that were 4 strokes. I love my Toro 2 strokes but of course they don't make them.

4. WIPensFan

They come with them.

5. WIPensFan

I haven't run it in snow yet, but it's much quieter than the 2 strokes. It's supposed to be more powerful, so we'll see when the snow flies. I have wanted to try a Honda, but the price and that goofy long chute handle have prevented me from buying one.

6. BFBoss

BFBoss Member

Definantly like the pull chord handles. having those older style handles snap back dont feel to good.

7. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I just keep buying old Toros and run them til they die. Unfortunately, getting tossed around in the back of a truck and being out in the weather and constantly getting blasted with snow (usually while driving) seems to shorten their life expectancy.

8. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Looks like ours lined up :eek: Except we just like to keep all 1 brand and everything the same to make it EASY! Got rid of the toros and 2 strokes. Cant go wronge with a honda engine!! Goodluck this year bud

9. WIPensFan

The engines keep going, but all the seperate metal parts that wear and crack and rust get expensive to replace. Might as well buy new at some point.

I'm with you 100% on the Honda engines, now if they could just put them in the Toro blowers.Thumbs Up Good luck to you as well.

10. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I just picked up two new 4 strokes a few weeks back, traded both of my 2 strokes in. And I can definitely tell the weight and sound difference.

11. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

over the last couple years, I have just been picking them up on Craigslist for $100-150, all the ones I've bought are still going strong. If I get 2-3 years out of each one, then go buy another for $100 and get 2-3 out of that, its cheaper than spending $5-600 on a new one I guess.

12. WIPensFan

Nothing wrong with that.

13. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

WIP- what model are those Toros?

14. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

WIP- what model are those Toros?

15. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

sorry didnt mean to ask twice, not being pushy i swear;)

16. WIPensFan

:D No problem, 2500(oldest), 3650, 221, and newest is 421(4 stroke).

17. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Thats quite the collection of blowers.

18. BillA

BillA Member
    from IL

Thank you, I need a few more and I was thinkin about the 4 stroke toros

19. WIPensFan

Thanks. They are real important to my operation, every account I have has walks.

I think Toro makes the best single stage blower. Once you use the quick chute, you'll never want to use one without it again. I coat the crap out of the whole quick chute mechanism with Fluid Film so it won't freeze up.

20. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Thats a cool pic Greg! Good luck to you this winter!