1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Tornado 1.8 yard. Video and Pics.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mackman, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

As alot of you know i bought the Tornado from a plowsite member on here. Here is the thread in case you missed it. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=99705

So far I'm really happy with everything. The guy i bought it off of JON was a real nice guy he showed me how to hook everything up and gave me all the paperwork for it. Oh and a 45.00 map so i could take another way home since i don't have a GPS.

I paid 3200 for it plus 90 in fuel to go get it. So for 3300 I think i got a good deal. I called around and they wanted 5,000 for a new one and that's not counting 6% sales tax. Cash and Carry.

Tell me what you all think!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cv2fzVQLRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4cv2fzVQLRY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mackman

from S.E. PA

3. Mackman

from S.E. PA

4. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

video dont work man, and what ya going to do about the toolbox you had???? put a extend a hitch on so and hand the spreader out the back a lil bit???

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Is it easy to take out? Can you do it by yourself if need be?

6. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Video is still loading on Youtube. Give it like 10min it will be up. Im just going to keep the box out in the winter months. I plow 10min from my house so if i need any tools or anything i can just shoot home.

7. Mackman

from S.E. PA

I can take it out by my self. Putting it in is another story. If i was a little bigger i might be able too. But it wasnt that hard for me and my 59 year old dad together.

8. GMCHD plower

Whats the problem with putting it in by yourself?

9. Mackman

from S.E. PA

About 450lbs thats the problem

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm going to guess the whole tipping it down part then lifting the back of it up into the truck and sliding it forwards. I know it's mostly plastic, but its still 700lbs.

11. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

its still easier then putting in a steel one by yourself

12. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Very Nice Mackman!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
    Do you now get more an hour cause you can sand? Or you planing on Subbing yourself out next season to sand/salt?

13. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Yes cuz the whole spinner part comes off and you cant stand it straight up and down.

The whole thing is 660lbs i think. So after you get the front 1/2 in your truck you still have to pick up the back 1/2 where the motor and gearbox is so im guess its around 450lbs give or take.

14. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Yes i get alot more an hour for the spreader plus i will now get alot of xtra hours.

15. lude1990

lude1990 Senior Member

nice set up man someday ill get a spreader

16. GMCHD plower

Ok thats what I figured. Eventually I'd like to get the 1.5yrd model. I think I'll probably make a wooden cradle so I can take the spinner off and push it out of the bed of the truck on to the cradle, then just push it back in when needed.

17. bacwudzme

bacwudzme Senior Member

Well the deal you got on it should be paying for itself before long!payup:drinkup:

On a side note you sound like the cool **** dude on Parking Wars on A&E!!!!!

18. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

very nice looking truck and spreader. just a couple questions, do you still have that air line run to the backrack or did that go when the toolbox came out?

19. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Your front piece of conspicuity tape is backwards. Red goes to the back. ;)

What does the bottom side of those spreaders look like? Is the drag chain exposed like it was on all of the older v-box spreaders?

20. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice dude hopefully we get couple more events before the end of the season might paid for itself . i got my fingers cross for mid week this week . best of luck and hopfully we can get a vid of it in use