1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my take on xt v vs reg v.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by payton, Mar 6, 2008.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

recently i had the chance to run the xt and a standard poly v on the same night in the same parking lot.

while both moved snow fairly easy with it being a heavy snow. the xt did show some advantages over the standard v. it felt like it carried more snow. it made windrowing the snow easier kept it from building up to the side of the truck.. throws the snow a good 15ft at roughly 10-15 mph which kept the edge of the unplowed snow down so the truck didnt have to work as hard. with the xt i was mainly plowing in 2wd. with the reg v i found my self having to use 4wd more to carry the snow once i got to a certin point and had snow built up on the edge of the unplowed it windrowed the snow fine but didnt throw it out like the xt does.the reg v seemed to want to trip with the more snow more often then the xt. im gonna guess that has to do with the weight and amount of snow i was pushing with the reg v. while both blades were decent i feel the xt was more suited for the type of plowing i was doing and was easier on the truck. didnt make it work as hard to carry the snow as the reg v did. weight of the xt is slightly more imo then the poly v this may not be true im not sure on the excat numbers per blade but riding in the truck it felt lighter with the xt. with my crew cab dually visually the xt is easier to see and over the hood. back dragging is decent with both blades there is a learning curve to back dragging with the xt. but once you fiqure out your style or method its really a mute point

so overall imo the xt is a wonderful blade it works flawlessly and takes strain off the truck imo.

this is just my point of view anyquestions

payton

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I was the one who split the time with Payton on the plows and my take is simple I will take the XT vs. the Poly...thanks!

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Awww Another Plowsite bonding !!!!

LOL j/k guys

I am with you, buying a new XT for next year

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You wish Clap, better ask the wife first.:D

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

LOL Dont you have some trash to take out of something :D LOL

6. payton

payton Senior Member

dont you have some daisy's to plant or have you moved on to planting tulips?

if your planting tulips now ive got a job for ya

7. Wieckster

Wieckster Senior Member

I am very happy with my XT its only a month old put I wouldnt trade it for nothing

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I've used both the standard V and the XT and I too like the windrowing action better on the XT's for the same reasons..doesn't feel like the truck has to work as hard to windrow the snow. Plus it definitely throws the snow farther to the side at slower speeds (perfect for single lanes). They'll definitely contain more snow during stacking as well. Didn't find any disadvantage's in it.

9. HC plower

HC plower Member

I think you do.....

Then maybe those dang flies won't follow all your posts.:eek:

JK

10. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I can imagine where you'd like two-lips planted.... :D I know where I'd like them, just not his. LOL

11. payton

payton Senior Member

and it only took 26 days for some one to point that out..

12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Well... you know.... cold weather... makes people a little slow sometimes... :D

Besides, thats a terrible old joke....!!!

13. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah but sometimes its the classics that slip up and get us cause were not expecting them...

14. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

For you guys that have been running the XT's for a while now, do the taller blades get in the way of the headlights when angled or say in scoop? Just got my new blade, seems like it may, just wondering what your opinion is! Excited to try it, thanks for any input!:drinkup:

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a little tough to see at night when you lift the blade with the wings in the scoop position. :D

Just need to bump them back a hair for visibility if your travailing forward. Concerned me the first time I used one but its not really an issue since most of the time your in scoop with it fully lifted your going backward anyway.

16. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

That is the exact thought that I had. Just playing in the driveway a bit I thought maybe it would be a little hard to see. Anyhow thanks for the input