1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my summer project

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by triplepower, Sep 16, 2005.

1. triplepower

triplepower Junior Member

Hey guys look at my beast its a 91 f250. Been lookin at the site for a while figured i'd post. I got it for 1,600 on 8/20 and finally got it on the road on 9/16, look at the dates on the pics, primer two days ago and pullin my wifes car that broke down today 9/16 she ain't new but I've only got 1,900 into it total, and it runs awesome. The only thing left is some more cosmetics and fender flares. check out the attachment of the before pic I painted this in my driveway. My first attempt at paint and body work!!

http://adcache.trucktraderonline.com/4/7/3/77676973.htm

truck 003.jpg

truck 010.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2005
  2. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Great.

Looks great,I am looking for a deal like that myself...

3. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Respectable to look at, and functional. Now you are ready to make money! Who needs brand new trucks? We keep 2 "newer" trucks, and the rest are from 1977-1986. If you can work on them yourself, and keep up the maintenance, good for you. It is SO much easier (and cheaper) to figure out an old truck than to get that doggone engine code light to go off in a new truck!

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

great job

Thanks for your first post... Great job with this one. Look out next you will be building a shop and doing it all the time LOL..... I do the same thing older equipment for me works best i feel they are stronger rigs to bad its not red or i would add that one to my fleet of FORD's.. Figures that the wife car would go down when you got yours back on the road. :waving: :nono:

5. bigjeeping

bigjeeping Senior Member

I know a couple of you guys above have experience painting vehicles... could either of you give me a run down on how to do it?

I just bought a F-450 and it's only got a cab, rear is a stake truck... I want to paint the cab red to match my F250. It's currently white.
    Should I do this myself? I want it to look nice. I have a air compressor and paint gun already.

Any advise please!

6. triplepower

triplepower Junior Member

I got all my info on www.ford-trucks.com It goes pretty indepth on paint and body work. Click on forums, then surf down to paint and bodywork, then read the step by step sticky about painting

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice job, love the classic Ford vehicle's :redbounce :redbounce :redbounce

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Thats a really nice looking truck, good work.

9. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

looks good :waving: