1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my stuff in the LV, PA

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by highlander316, Jan 9, 2010.

1. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

ok here we go:

here's my two trucks, the red one has a 8.5' and the white one has a 8' (which I just got done installing the frame and wiring on that truck). The 8.5' I just picked up two weeks ago. I also have a set of Buyers wings that have been sitting in my basement for the past two years lol. I'm going to install those on the 8.5'.

The sidewalk guys take the white truck and will plow the one or two of the small easy lots and the few residentials I have depending on the time of day (i.e. depends on the when the storm ends is where their route starts).

[​IMG]

here's their set-up in the back of the truck, usually both single stage blowers, shovels, sometimes bp blowers depending on the snow, and the push spreader plus salt:

[​IMG]

here's another shot of both trucks:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  2. highlander316

this is at an account from the 12/20/09 storm we had (before the white truck was wired up and I only had the 8' plow still):

[​IMG]

here's my Western 1000 (that's my trailer in the background next to the red Topkick):

[​IMG]

one of the guys attempting sidewalks (this spot sucks, not only does the city plow it in, the clowns across the street throw all their snow there):

[​IMG]

3. highlander316

here's the two single stage blowers we have (I'm currently looking for a used single stage Toro, the real tiny, light ones they used to make back in the day that I can carry in the red truck by myself):

[​IMG]

here's a two-stage blower I got for free, for when the storms are bigger and heavier:

[​IMG]

here's inside my shop looking out (not the biggest place, but it's local and works great for what we do):

[​IMG]

4. highlander316

i have more pictures on my pc I'll have to upload at some point here. If there's anything you guys wanna see, let me know. This is just some of my stuff, and how we get it done.

5. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

I like the setup, i just got a toro powerlite from my buddy nice little unit and easy on the back

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

really nice looking stuff....im glad you got the plow on the other truck. It looks like a beast......you keep your stuff organized also.

7. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

i your doing residential and smaller lots wouldn't you want a smaller plow for that and put the 8'6"+ wings on the red truck?? j/w looks great! guess the white one never did sell haha

8. highlander316

thanks for the comments guys! I try to keep everything organized, otherwise it's a bigger mess later (don't look at my office thou :dizzy::dizzy:). The red truck has the 8.5' + wings, sorry for the confusion. The 8' used to be on the the red truck, but I switched it to the white one. Yea the white one didn't sell due to confusion with the buyers. Oh well, I'm just gonna hold onto it and run it till it's done lol.

9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that makes sense now, I musta misread it haha.....yah well a two truck operation sure is nicer then one and now yah have a backup

10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Hey neighbor, where did you buy your GMC?

11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

very nice trucks and I love the shop! With the wings on the 8'6" you're gonna have damn near an 11' plow lol.
    Quick ? too; what % tint are you running on both trucks?

12. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

I'm 2 hours north of you in Honesdale, PA.
    Red truck looks awesome, with all the red equipment to match the truck.

13. highlander316

hey neighbor! Got both trucks from Star in Easton as well as I got my current WS6 there.

14. highlander316

25% on the red one. I don't know about the white one, was already done when I bought it. Maybe 35% or lighter?

15. highlander316

thanks! Western dealer is central to all my accounts.

16. highlander316

being a backup is the biggest reason I bought the 2nd plow. Anything can happen out there.

17. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

How was your experience with them? They are running specials for brand new 09 2500s reg cab WT with 8' westerns for 29K. We always bought from Bergeys, but star is closer and Im looking for deals.

I also saw chevy 21 has a new 09 2500 gas CC with boss V for 42K, thought about jumping on that, but didnt pull the trigger

Thanks.

18. highlander316

experience has been good. Although this past fall, I wanted to buy a 2000 3500HD they just traded, but they never called me on it (even after I called and stopped in a few times; I also know a bunch of salesmen and the general manager just from going in there a lot to look at vehicles, so that kinda peeved me to) and they threw it on ebay, but oh well it was a POS anyway. Stand your ground on your price and what options you want, and they usually will work with you (as long as its reasonable).

If I remember correctly, I picked the 07 up for like 30k with the plow at the end of November 07. Mines a w/t, but it has carpet and cd player (I added towing mirrors). The truck at chevy21 sounds high. I know a buddy of mine 'claims' he picked up a 08 Chevy 3500 diesel dump for 30k (was leftover this spring).

19. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Nice stuff Highlander.