1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My strobe video finally

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Well here is the video. The bar is a Whelen Edge 9000 with corners and flashers. I really dont like the flashers, hence why they arent on. The hideaways are Whelen as well, 60 watts. I have 2 more spots in the box to add more, so I am thinking of some leds on the backrack somewhere

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uhzp-IUzgU4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uhzp-IUzgU4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  2. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice video!
  3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

nice lightbar
  4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looks good
  5. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Very nice video. Those lights really hit hard but I bet that video does not do your truck justice. I bet they are much more impressive in person. :)
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks so far guys:waving: Yeah the camera nor youtube does the lights any kind of justice. It is alot brighter when you stand there and look at it. My wife wont even look outside when I have all the lights going.
  7. Sno Biz

Sno Biz Member
    from Chicago

looks sharp! it would be hard to miss you.
  8. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

No problem.....everyone here always likes a truck that can light up the whole street !!!! :D

Oh...and you can NEVER have too many lights ! Not when you are a snowplower although you might get pulled over by a jealous cop who doesn't have a cruiser or SUV that can hang with your strobe system !!! :D

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  9. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, that would scare me out of any where in the vicinity of that truck!
  10. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks guys:waving: I actually got pulled over by a county sheriff not too long ago because he wanted to know who I had do my lights. I told him I installed the bar myself and a friend and myself did the hideaways. He wants to put something similar on his plowtruck. I guess it is a good thing that the local boys envy some good strobe lights too, LOL:)

The lights arent there to scare (much) but to help warn people. I see wayyyyy too many people around here who could give a shyt less about plowtrucks on the road. They cut off ODOT, municipality trucks, me,etc. Sometimes the lights arent even good enough. They just run around with the oh he has a business which means he is rich. I will just get hit by the truck and sue him. Well I guess they forget I got bills and taxes, etc just like they do. Actually even more so. They should just make all vehicles except plow trucks, fire, police, ems stay the heck off of the roads till it is safe to drive again. But that will never, ever happen
  11. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Are you sure you can't get them any brighter, I don't think I would see you coming down the road either. LOL

Looks good.