1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "splat" is gone!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Woodland, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

First time out with the new plow. 7.5' Fisher HD and the "splat" logo on the front is gone! Don't know when, don't know where, but is isn't on the plow anymore. What gives? $4500 bucks for a plow and I don't get at least a few pushes out of the sticker??? I suppose I should be glad it wasn't something important that is gone.:nod:
  2. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Yeah I made sure I took a pic of my plow before I pushed for the first time. It only lasted one day too.
  3. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

When I bought mine used, the logo was gone and the sticker on the lift plate was gone too. Of course, I can't get the original Massachussetts dealer's sticker off the frame... She looks like she sat in direct sunlight for a few years too. The whoel plow is a very dull yellow...
  4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

when i refurb my to blades i am going to paint them on.

go to a local sticker shop and have them make you a fisher splat and get the negitive instead of the positive you have or had on the plow.

stick this to the blade and dont press to hard. paint it on and 2 coats should be good.

this will last much longer.

rustolium sunburst yellow is close to fisher or meyers. and std black is great. roll it on or brush if need be. nice and thick and 2 coats ahs lasted fine for me.
  5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

You can get new decals on e-bay pretty cheap too. I replace the decal as part of pre-season maintenance. But I know what you mean; for the amount of dough you shell out for a plow the damn sticker should stick.:dizzy:
  6. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

I'm not real concerned with replacing it, just a bit surprised it lasted such a short time. I had a diamond before this and that decal lasted years. Still looked whole when I sold the truck this spring.
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

the sticker was on my plow until i stripped it off with a power washer and a needle scaler. I need ot get anew one just to finish off the whole rebuild though.
  8. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i have one sticker if anyone wants it
    just pay the shipping
  9. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The decal will be replaced under warranty. The powdercoat formula we use leaves a very smooth surface and the decals sometimes will not stick. The dealer can replace it for you or ask to have it yourself, take it home and lightly scuff the surface where the decal will be placed. Having a rough surface will give the adhesive something to adhere to. Denatured alcohol will also work.