1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My Snoway MBV

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kramer56, Aug 23, 2010.

1. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Ok guys as you all know I have the 8.5' Mega Vee. last season i got both wings replaced due to that weld issue they had. Anyways over the summer I have noticed that the headgear kept creeping back while sitting there not being used. Should I be alarmed by this? I have hooked it up and moved it twice and within a 3-4 days it is creeped back all the way. I did notice last season that while going down road in the raised position a few times i would have to lift the blade again to keep it all the way up. I have mentioned this to my dealer and he said they all do this, if so why not the first summer it sat there lol? What can I do since my warranty on the plow runs out around oct. 30th. The main cylinder is that one they replaced due to SW 1st round of fixes that made no difference in my plow but maybe in others it did. Any suggestions out there?

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If its dropping that sounds like a cartridge/solenoid isn't closing all the way or your piston is leaking. Either way its not normal.

3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

i knew it wasnt normal at all. Doesnt seem to be any fluid loss or leaks tho.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My guess would be a check or pressure releif valve. Have you talked to Snoway?

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I had this problem with my revolution to... I think it was the #5 or 6 valve / lift/lower cartridge wasnt closing all the way and was leaking down....

Like you mentioned, youd be driving down the road and all the suddon the blade would be on the ground... Warranty that before it runs out!

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good advice, if it is the valve and you have to buy one, give me a holler. I have a exact replacement part at a fraction of Snoway's asking price.:whistling:

7. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Hey Basher why would I talk to Snoway about it isnt that what the dealer is for lol. Have they done any fixes for water entering the system or did they not do any fixes anymore?

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK has your dealer talked to Snoway????

9. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Lol he says its normal i say it aint. what does snoway have to say about it or is there something else lol?

10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Although I have no experience with Snoway-I do know there is something wrong when a plow drops slowly on its own. It could be a very dangerous situation esp. while you're driving. Your dealer is being a d!ckhead and should be kicked in the sack for being such. But thats JMO.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hydraulic valves are either open or closed, there is no almost.
    Change the "B" and the "F" valves with the "G" and the "H" and see what happens.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I think a swift kick in the balls is a good idea too- for the dealer that is.

13. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

in his defense he hasnt looked at it yet tho but i no that it aint right. i will try some stuff and then take it to him for the parts lol