1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My snow toys

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AndyTblc, Dec 7, 2007.

1. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

My 1984 John Deere 214- This thing has move a lot of snow over the years, and cut so much grass. It's been a great machine. I also have a plow for it too.
    inside.jpg

jd.jpg

inside.jpg

jd.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. holy crap wizkid lives on

3. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

yup, who needs a truck when you got a JD

4. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I used to have a 1978 John Deere 316 with the 48 inch mowing deck on it and the 54 inch front blade on it. Great machines. I used it untill I wanted a loader and traded it in for the 2210

5. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Whats it like being in that little cab? comfy? does the red exterior rub against the rear drive tires?

6. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

The cab is accually comfy, there is a few places where the snow comes in, but not a lot, I have a heater in there to take the chill out and to defrost the windshield. I pull the cab in so it doesn't rub against the wheels, and that prevents the slush from coming in too. The bad part about the blower is that it is 2 stage, and the bad part about the plow, is that you have to get out to angle it, there is no hydrolic hook ups, I just have the hydrolics to raise it.

7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Pretty neat setup, I hate having to angle my plow on my quad too.

8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice set up

would a rope help agle it from inside?

9. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

No, because snow and ice get piled on lever, and you have to pull hard sometimes, It'd be very complicated. Not worth the trouble.

10. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

I thought you had a mid ninety's Chevy or GMC 2500?

11. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Yah, I bought it from my uncles, but it was going to need some work, so I bought a 1999 truck from my neighbor, and that is a 1500, but I am not going to put a plow on my truck, I don't want to spend that much, and I have more fun on the John Deere.

12. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Since I did not have the right hydraulic hook ups on my 316 I added a 12V electric actuator for angling. It was sometimes ackward to go from the 3 way momentary electric switch on the dash to the stick for raising but it was a lot better than getting out. I only used it like this for about two small to medium storms so I don't know how the strength held up since I traded it in. Just a thought.

13. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

If we are suppose to get a huge storm with a lot of snow, I usually put the snowblower on so I have a place to put the snow. Unless the snowblower is broke down, which it does that a lot. But if the snow is wet, then I use the plow. Which I do like using it, because it's fun to go fast unlike the blower. And I usually angle the blade to the right or left and push the snow off to the sides if it is only a few inches, but if we get about 8 inches, then I angle it a little bit, and push it all down to the end of the driveways, and push it off to the sides from there. Plus the plow scrapes the drives way better then the blower.