1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My snow removal........

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joethevacman14, Jan 7, 2004.

1. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Here's the south side of our house and the pile of snow!

s2400002.jpg

2. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Here's a shot of the snow in our road. Thats the 3" that we got this morning and about 5" compacted down

s2400005.jpg

3. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Here's the old lady's driveway next door. It looks Like i did a carppy job but right after I got in the house it snowed really hard for like 5 min and covered it all back up. She brought me a check for $20 for this morning and last night then told me that she wasnt feeling well and passed out in her kitchen. Shes 80 + and her husband passed last winter. So, Here's my only account or whatever you want to call it....LOL

s2400006.jpg

4. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

And here's what I use -- John Deer TRS-21 Snowblower 2-Cycle and cuts through 8+" of snow like a hot knife through butter! The only complaint I have is that it is 2-Cycle and you have to mix the oil & the gas, so it burns off the oil and I just reek of it when i come in the house. I believe I see a Honda 4-Cycle in my future -- electric start too!

s2400007.jpg

5. Grshppr

Grshppr Senior Member

I see a whole bunch of driveways that need snow blowing in that picture. You should go canvas the neighborhood and try get some more accounts. Nice pictures:drinkup:

6. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Yea, I know, but I need some more gas though :( The fun must end....but not for me!

7. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

Excellent job

And becarefull refueling your equiptment when its hot.Are you allowed to purchase your own gas?

BE SAFE NEVER STICK ANYTHING BUT SNOW IN THE BUISNESS END OF THE BLOWER
    ;)

8. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

Yo vacman looks great! If the snowblower ever gets clogged, turn it off and pull the spark plug wire, off of the spark plug. Do this so it won't restart on you, while your hands are by the propeller. Good Luck and be safe!

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Nice snowblower! I've got the same one as a backup.:waving:

10. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Nah, Dad has to go buy the gas which is what we are probably going to do tomarrow (we didnt have school today and the roads are still bad so hopefully we wont have school tomarrow too!) The only bad thing is that we have to go across town to get the oil to mix w/ the gas. Oh well, I need to get out! Happy Plowing!

11. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Go get em Joey. Last storm I left one of my small backup snow blowers at home while I was out plowing. My 10 year old took the thing out of the garage and knocked on doors in the neighborhood. I'll be dammed he made over $100 in a couple of hours.(he has had a lot of supervised experience with the blower). Like father like son, I guess. He'll probably want a plow truck for his first car. Better idea. I going have him snow blow drives for the next 6 years. He can buy his own plow truck.

12. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

Joey, my aunt said they have around a foot and a half of snow and should get more, :angry: you must have similar amounts since your in the same city.

Blake
    WA

13. joethevacman14

joethevacman14 Member

Yea, that amount sounds right. Do you know what part of town they live in (West Valley, Terrace Heights, downtown or a street number or name etc..)I would be interesting to know, maybe they need a snow mover! LOL! Happy Plowing!

14. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Joe....I tip my hat too you :D for taking on the snow challenge. As a young entrepenure (sp) you are headed in the right direction for business and helping others at the same time.

Good luck in your quest......... IPC

15. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

Joey, they're in the North 64th Ave area. Where ever that is. My uncle owns a body shop and he said he's been busy towing cars to his shop. They actually talked about getting someone to plow but they said all the neigbors said they have 4wd so scew it...lol. My uncle was snowblowing though cuz he said they had people having trouble getting around. You might want to pop in and see what's up, check with the neighbors and what-not. I haven't been there since they moved (this is their new address) so I don't know the set-up, if it's a nieghborhood or what.

What equipment do you have to do the snow removal with?

Blake
    WA

16. ClintSinger

ClintSinger Junior Member

I really like your yard but what the heck is all that white stuff ?

17. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I use a electric start blower and it works nice. Only problem i have with it is its kinda heavy and the skids keep wearing down every two years. However the blower is 6 years old and they probably have a better design today. Keep up the good work.